Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maguined wrote: »
    I hope I am not making you feel like that? I don't mean to, focusing my thoughts on the future positive potential has always just been my best tactic for things.

After yours beers night I am sure you will have people to start building friendship with.

no you're not making me feel that.

I didn't join boards to make friends but over the past while I have met a lot of boardsies, and I don't want to be saying anything I shouldn't but quite a few of the people I've met have caused a lot of problems. but then I'm not putting that down to boards, people are people. just saying I don't expect anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

True that, people are asshats and the internet seems to really bring out peoples asshole core alot, but I definitely think it will be easier to make friends once you move to Dublin and get your own place and some freedom.

Ah ya but I've been living out of home and in a city for 7 years before I moved home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I dunno, I think not getting on with your family is pretty common, I'd say it's nearly a 50/50 thing, especially if you happen to be the kid that is a bit different compared to the rest of the gang. I wouldn't sweat it, you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends etc.

As for friends, people can let such things slip, especially if they've got boyfs or girlfs, but humans are sociable creatures, I'm sure there's a pack out there waiting for you to hunt with. Just don't let a few bad experiences taint the lot, even if you hate everybody, you'll find a bunch of people who hate everybody too :)

Just remember that your situation is temporary and a lot of the factors can be changed quite easily, and yes others will take a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Have to go back to London now :(

Posting here from there aint the same!

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Have to go back to London now :(

Posting here from there aint the same!

Legitimate post, I'll let you away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm here for a self-indulgent moan.

I'm feeling like cr*p! Shivers, headache, tired, dizzy, not really making sense when I talk because my heads all fuzzy, and it's hard to breathe because I was just diagnosed with asthma and my meds aren't yet sorted.

I always thought asthma was a mild enough illness that was found in childhood; I never really understood why people collect for asthma charities. In my ignorance, I assumed it was like collecting for....I don't know, chicken pox or flu or something. An illness most people could deal with without major fuss. Oh hi karma, that's you kicking me in the ass, is it?

And I can't find my thermometer. But that's ok, because I don't have flu. I don't. I'm just rambling online and drinking pints of OJ because hey, I CAN.

Fin.

:(

I do enjoy drinking pints of OJ. Though today I made the rookie mistake of getting OJ&Mango. Not so enjoyable.

Getting asthma late in life is pretty ****ty, it's something loads of people grow out of so growing into it is a pain. Years and years ago I was diagnosed with some odd breathing yokey that casual observers said was an "old man's" complaint and I couldn't possibly have it. So I played loads of rugby and when I went for a checkout my lungs had improved, so I was all "screw you fancy consultant, you're wrong!" ... in the interim I gave up rugby and had many an encounter with various smoked substances... so I'm probably going to die like tomorrow or something. :)

Feel bad for ya Jokettle, being sick is terrible, especially when you've a fuzzy head and can't do stuff like have an enjoyable aul read or write. Get someone to make ya chicken soup stat! ::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

utter boredom!!

• Advertisement

andyseadog wrote: »
    utter boredom!!

4od

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Turns out I *do* have the flu. Grumble. My cure involves online shopping and Kevin Bridges's DVD.

Away with you itchiness! AWAY!

But you can scratch now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Back in Ireland :/

But you can scratch now!

Yes, but being able to scratch now only takes away part of the pain of it. I'm still horrendously itchy for much of my day. :(

Put a ferret down your pants?

Cut your foot off

Scratch it again.

Probably that last one.

:eek:

genius

Well when i have SUN to inspire me inspiration is not hard to find :D

Well when i have SUN to inspire me inspiration is not hard to find :D

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Here comes the SUN and I say... It's alright, da doo da da dee da da doooooo

Ugh back to bed i go.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Here comes the SUN and I say... It's alright, da doo da da dee da da doooooo

awh.... I like people singing about me... :D though can't say it's happened too much...

ya people should do that more often. cause I'm great n all

awh.... I like people singing about me... :D though can't say it's happened too much...

ya people should do that more often. cause I'm great n all

Careful what you wish for, once the singing stops it may never end!

Careful what you wish for, once the singing stops it may never end!

:pac:

Jeez editing the podcast is tough.

Im not even doing a good job and its a loooooong process.

Jeez editing the podcast is tough.

Im not even doing a good job and its a loooooong process.

Ugh god, email it over to me, it's what I do for a living... and work is awwwwwfully slow at the moment. You've no idea how many trips I made to the water cooler.

Tough tough tough day so far today.

I have a weekend to look forward to where my only goal is to not spend money.

Wont be so bad with free museums and such....but still..... all the extra cool stuff costs money

Just take up pigeon-worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just take up pigeon-worrying.
    That just sounds wrong.

Advertisement