Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fewcifur wrote: »
    We're adorable, give it up!

nah definitely not adorable.

bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

nah definitely not adorable.

bah!

Pter is pretty adorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Pter is pretty adorable

Have you a little crush Few? ;)

Have you a little crush Few? ;)

No, just stickin' up for a bro :cool:

No, just stickin' up for a bro :cool:

why not stick up for yourself then?

• Advertisement

why not stick up for yourself then?

I always do

:D:D:D still angry about men, but :D

oh wait, wrong place for it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I'm not angry with men but with relationships. They suck.

micayla wrote: »
    I'm not angry with men but with relationships. They suck.

nah it's the men that suck. suck in relationships.

I dunno, I think it's the relationships themselves. Simply saying you're in a relationship results in all these rules and stuff and suddenly being the person you are isn't a good thing anymore.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I think it's the relationships themselves. Simply saying you're in a relationship results in all these rules and stuff and suddenly being the person you are isn't a good thing anymore.

yep, definition can definitely be icky at times.

I don't really feel this way towards men actually. it's society making me think i do. things haven't worked out with my relationships for reasons as simple as we're just different types of people, so I'll back off on the man bashing.

for now. they do still cause me a lot of bother though... >_>

I'm completely against relationships. Casual and fun = less stress and more fun;)

:) well if that's what suits you, go with it! relationships are more my thing

To each their own :D

Just for the record - I was about to defend my gender, but now I'm confused if you're still man hating or relationship hating.

I shall also defend relationships. Throwing a name on something too early brings all sorts of social rules etc, i.e. you're my boyfriend etc. But when you care about this person more than others, and you would do things for them that you wouldn't for others, and you want to have fun and hang out with them more than others, why not call them your girlfriend etc. It's like kicking a relationship up from aquaintance to friend to best friend.

If I have a best bud who I also smooch, damn straight I'll call them my girlfriend, because you go to collect your girlfriend when it's dark and wet, you give your girlfriend a back massage when she's stressed, you blow on your girlfriend's belly button and she forgives you or giggles, you can ask your girlfriend to help you out when you're in a bind etc. etc. etc.

Plus... what naming a relationship means depends completely on the people involved. Some of the best couples I know have perfectly casual, fun and loving relationships. Just because you're going out doesn't instantly mean everything has to be a drama.

:)

Just for the record - I was about to defend my gender, but now I'm confused if you're still man hating or relationship hating.

I shall also defend relationships. Throwing a name on something too early brings all sorts of social rules etc, i.e. you're my boyfriend etc. But when you care about this person more than others, and you would do things for them that you wouldn't for others, and you want to have fun and hang out with them more than others, why not call them your girlfriend etc. It's like kicking a relationship up from aquaintance to friend to best friend.

If I have a best bud who I also smooch, damn straight I'll call them my girlfriend, because you go to collect your girlfriend when it's dark and wet, you give your girlfriend a back massage when she's stressed, you blow on your girlfriend's belly button and she forgives you or giggles, you can ask your girlfriend to help you out when you're in a bind etc. etc. etc.

Plus... what naming a relationship means depends completely on the people involved. Some of the best couples I know have perfectly casual, fun and loving relationships. Just because you're going out doesn't instantly mean everything has to be a drama.

:)

I think you misunderstand me a bit or I didn't convey enough of my opinion. I was more specifically talking about the relationships that begin with everything being fun and stuff and then as they progress it goes downhill and suddenly the person you are and have been from the start isn't good enough for the other person. As in all those little quirks they liked at the beginning are now annoying. Also, relationships can be great in all the ways you mentioned above but in a heartbeat they can instantly turn into hell. That's just my opinion on relationships for me. Right now I can't phsyically be in one because of this, knowing this doesn't change that for me I just know it and I know the reasons why. I need particular things from a relationship and have failed to find someone who can give them to me so until I can trust someone again for long enough to explore that I will be against relationships for me. I wasn't man bashing because I don't blame men for this failure. I blame society in a way because books and Hollywood have brought us up believeing in fairytales and happy ever afters but there are other factors to my own circumstances that are to blame.

I think you misunderstand me a bit or I didn't convey enough of my opinion. I was more specifically talking about the relationships that begin with everything being fun and stuff and then as they progress it goes downhill and suddenly the person you are and have been from the start isn't good enough for the other person. As in all those little quirks they liked at the beginning are now annoying. Also, relationships can be great in all the ways you mentioned above but in a heartbeat they can instantly turn into hell. That's just my opinion on relationships for me. Right now I can't phsyically be in one because of this, knowing this doesn't change that for me I just know it and I know the reasons why. I need particular things from a relationship and have failed to find someone who can give them to me so until I can trust someone again for long enough to explore that I will be against relationships for me. I wasn't man bashing because I don't blame men for this failure. I blame society in a way because books and Hollywood have brought us up believeing in fairytales and happy ever afters but there are other factors to my own circumstances that are to blame.

And exhale... :)

To be honest I get what you're on about, but I'm still going to say relationships are great, if only for the way they mature you emotionally. I firmly believe you need a few bad ones so you can really appreciate a good one. :)

I think I'm always the one that gets dumped. One fell for me because I was romantic and cute in my actions, then she just got fed up of romance and wanted someone less nice. Another fell for me because I was a bit random and creative... and eventually left because my job prospects disappeared as I pursued such aspects. So, both examples of bits of me attracting a girl and then annoying the hell out of them. So, I kinda getcha, and of course everybody should have a good healthy period of enjoying being solo, but have hope (hope) and I'm sure you'll meet someone wonderful who genuinely loves every lil quirk and oddity you've got goin' on... ya mad yoke :p

I totes do this too..... :o

I think I must be attracted in a way to guys that are really laid back and can handle things well, but at the same time in a relationship I can't stand it cause it generally means the guy just isn't bothered about a lot of things, and we're just not on the same page. hmmm.

I'm getting used to being solo (won't say alone cause that's a little depressing) and maybe someone will come along and maybe not but either way I'll survive :)

I totes do this too..... :o

I think I must be attracted in a way to guys that are really laid back and can handle things well, but at the same time in a relationship I can't stand it cause it generally means the guy just isn't bothered about a lot of things, and we're just not on the same page. hmmm.

Yeah, it takes a certain personality to put up with someone who's so laid back that they just aren't that bothered. Like I'm laid back as in it's hard to get me angry, but I'm not laid back in terms of productivity, so I find it quite hard to go "so what did you do today? Nothing? Hmm... that's... great..."

• Advertisement

I'm getting used to being solo (won't say alone cause that's a little depressing) and maybe someone will come along and maybe not but either way I'll survive :)

Ah yeah, sure I've been single for ages and I'm grand with it. I'm not desperately seeking someone to fill my too-big-bed, no no, but I'm not opposed to it if I meet someone with sparks. :)

And once again my smilies infect the brooding :)

ya, damn you few! :mad: you and your smiliness

ya, damn you few! :mad: you and your smiliness

What can I say, the devil wears a grin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

*pokes head in door*

*sees all the relationship bashing*

*runs away* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I believe in relationships. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Me tooooo.

On topic, I am emo about my stupid lack of motivation.

I am emo about not having gotten out of bed yet.

But i will soon. The pub accross the road opens at 12 and i can work there.

reallyrose wrote: »
    Me tooooo.

On topic, I am emo about my stupid lack of motivation.

I blame your new stylish hair!
    Pter wrote: »
    I am emo about not having gotten out of bed yet.

But i will soon. The pub accross the road opens at 12 and i can work there.

Working in a pub? Isn't that... dangerous?

Working in a pub? Isn't that... dangerous?

The owner seems to think im safe enough....

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    The owner seems to think im safe enough....

Yes but I'm sure the owner would consider you safer with a pint of the black in ya... but it'll nay help your workflow, bro. :)

Advertisement