Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Say wuh?

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

meh

You're funnnnny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You're funnnnny

I'm boooooooooring.

I'm boooooooooring.

True, but some of the boring stuff you do is funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

Selfishness is way up there at the moment.
    Not that I can't be incredibly so at times, but dickheaded selfishness, for the sake of it.
    That and the fact that all I see in the word 'selfish' is fish.

• Advertisement

LupinFace wrote: »
    Selfishness is way up there at the moment.
    Not that I can't be incredibly so at times, but dickheaded selfishness, for the sake of it.
    That and the fact that all I see in the word 'selfish' is fish.

Or shellfish. God I'm not a fan of shellfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Stupid fracking migraine! Had to call in sick today and I don't get paid for sick days :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

micayla wrote: »
    Stupid fracking migraine! Had to call in sick today and I don't get paid for sick days :mad::mad::mad:

*hugs and solpadeine*

I feel your pain :( (Or I did last Thursday anyway...)

*hugs and solpadeine*

I feel your pain :( (Or I did last Thursday anyway...)

Thanks:) Second one in 4 days:( I hope they don't become regular occurances.

Have you changed anything? Diet, prescription to a particular lady medicine which prevents babies, or even perfume?

Would you know many of your triggers?

• Advertisement

Have you changed anything? Diet, prescription to a particular lady medicine which prevents babies, or even perfume?

Would you know many of your triggers?

My only trigger was taking my glasses off for too long. Opticians used to tell me to try not using my glasses all the time but I'd just end up crippled in pain. Nothing's changed in diet or prescription and while I bought Chanel on Thursday I have yet to use it.

My only trigger was taking my glasses off for too long. Opticians used to tell me to try not using my glasses all the time but I'd just end up crippled in pain. Nothing's changed in diet or prescription and while I bought Chanel on Thursday I have yet to use it.

Hmm thats weird. Have you been at the laptop more recently? I find staring at the screen, or my phone, for too long plays havoc with my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*/ Passes a few Ibuprofen and a warm blanket to curl up on the couch in */

I know your pain, I live with consistent head arches at best and migraine when it's acting up :/

Hmm thats weird. Have you been at the laptop more recently? I find staring at the screen, or my phone, for too long plays havoc with my head.

I haven't been using it more than usual, I watch most of my tv on the laptop, I had my glasses treated for antiglare and I keep the contrast pretty low on the screen.

Thanks BZ, I'm currently curled up in bed:D

Gonna go to my doctor on Wednesday see if she can do something!

Since you watch TV on the laptop then curled up in bed is great place to be....

The couch is only good so you can watch stupid comedy quiz showing on TV to pass the time and get your mind off the pain :]

Since you watch TV on the laptop then curled up in bed is great place to be....

The couch is only good so you can watch stupid comedy quiz showing on TV to pass the time and get your mind off the pain :]

I also have a tv and dvd player in my room:D What I need is some way of watching shows from my hard drive on my tv though cause that would be perfect!

You can either by a box to stream still to it or the cheaper option would be at uses cables.

What connection are on you TV and Laptop {or just the make/model }?
    I also have a tv and dvd player in my room:D What I need is some way of watching shows from my hard drive on my tv though cause that would be perfect!

You can either by a box to stream still to it or the cheaper option would be at uses cables.

What connection are on you TV and Laptop {or just the make/model }?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron and my TV is from Argos and a Wharfedale, whatever that is:pac:

If I can avoid using the laptop to stream that would be great, was hoping there'd be some sort of multimedia box I could use or something:confused:

The best unit is the Western Digital TV HD Media Player there are allot of 3rd party firmware {software} that adds extra features.

But you need to connect an external HD or USB key with the media on it.
    There is a newer version the Live which has built-in in storage, but I have not fully looked into it.

If you want to pay a bit more you can get a mini-PC , I have the earlier version of this one.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron and my TV is from Argos and a Wharfedale, whatever that is:pac:

If I can avoid using the laptop to stream that would be great, was hoping there'd be some sort of multimedia box I could use or something:confused:

my housemate ...jesus you ****in thick animal you..... cop the **** on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

details?

it's just going to make me angry talking about it....

he has his girlfriend over 4 nights a week, and she was over again tonight. though now she's gone home.

and he's taken to just doing his half of the dishes, fine by me, just dont leave a pile there for me to do!

and he's retarded when it comes to understanding how the heating works, that or he doesn't care that he has it on at all the wrong times :mad:

it's just going to make me angry talking about it....

he has his girlfriend over 4 nights a week, and she was over again tonight. though now she's gone home.

and he's taken to just doing his half of the dishes, fine by me, just dont leave a pile there for me to do!

and he's retarded when it comes to understanding how the heating works, that or he doesn't care that he has it on at all the wrong times :mad:

I know exactly what you mean, my housemate has her guy over all the time. He pees all over the toilet seats, steals tea bags, contributes nothing to the house, walks around farting and giggling, is ridiculously jealous of anyone male coming to the door (he tried to hunt the chorus guy :pac:) and almost burnt the house down before burning a pair of his old runners in our tiny fireplace in the sitting room.

Have you mentioned to your housemate that shes there too often?

:eek: jebus. that's bad. I havent said it yet, as I wanted to see how week 2 went, but i'm going to have to say it now... :( hate confrontation. HATE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Whats wrong with giggling?

:eek: jebus. that's bad. I havent said it yet, as I wanted to see how week 2 went, but i'm going to have to say it now... :( hate confrontation. HATE IT!

Can he not go to her place some nights? Like is the noise what bothers you, them bumping uglies and banging headboards etc?
    Maguined wrote: »
    Whats wrong with giggling?

Giggling at his own farts. He's 21 going on 13 for God sake >.< I'm not exactly the queen of maturity but come on! :pac:

oh i thought you meant giggling was separate from the farting. ah I see.

no never goes to hers. I don't think he's ever even been there. not anything to do with the noise. it's the fact that she's here more often than she's not. i suppose the biggest thing is I can't afford to be paying for extra bills, and he's always putting on the heating for her, and the water heater, whereas we've storage heating and the water's heated over night so it doesn't need to be done ordinarily. like i really cant afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Personally I'd have no problem if my housemate had a girl over 7 nights a week as long as she isn't a cock like boom described.

that said,you really will have to talk about heating bills and electricity if it is as big a problem. even getting him to pay a little extra to cover things would be nice.

The best unit is the Western Digital TV HD Media Player there are allot of 3rd party firmware {software} that adds extra features.

But you need to connect an external HD or USB key with the media on it.
    There is a newer version the Live which has built-in in storage, but I have not fully looked into it.

If you want to pay a bit more you can get a mini-PC , I have the earlier version of this one.

Do you need a HD ready TV for the Western Digital unit?

• Advertisement

oh i thought you meant giggling was separate from the farting. ah I see.

no never goes to hers. I don't think he's ever even been there. not anything to do with the noise. it's the fact that she's here more often than she's not. i suppose the biggest thing is I can't afford to be paying for extra bills, and he's always putting on the heating for her, and the water heater, whereas we've storage heating and the water's heated over night so it doesn't need to be done ordinarily. like i really cant afford it.

That's a fair point. No harm in saying it, doesn't sound like you really want to befriend the guy anyway.

Advertisement