Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maguined wrote: »
    How do you know it was placed on the floor? was it arranged into the shape of a swan?

Rational is important, when living with someone there will always be annoying habits, you must choose your battles and achieve a zen like state of not giving a **** about the little things. so sayeth I.

yeah it was folded, not in the shape of a swan though :)

you're right oh wise one, i shall pick my battles it's just the other things are getting to me. but still, why be so ignorant about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

yeah it was folded, not in the shape of a swan though :)

you're right oh wise one, i shall pick my battles it's just the other things are getting to me. but still, why be so ignorant about it.

A million reasons, maybe he likes to wash his man parts in the sink every morning and doesn't want his tackle touching off your cloth. That would be fairly considerate of him!

you're right mags. i should actually go give him a great big hug for being so considerate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

my housemate ...jesus you ****in thick animal you..... cop the **** on!
    'ere we go again.
    he has his girlfriend over 4 nights a week, and she was over again tonight. though now she's gone home.

and he's taken to just doing his half of the dishes, fine by me, just dont leave a pile there for me to do!

and he's retarded when it comes to understanding how the heating works, that or he doesn't care that he has it on at all the wrong times :mad:

The only one I see there as a genuine complaint is the heating. Best part of your own place is the freedom to have people over. Yes, if people are over all the time it's annoying, but I'm sure it's just as annoying if he has to say "sorry hun, can't have you over tonight, you're over your quota."
    As for dishes, you should be greatful he washes his, then you wash your own. When I lived with a stranger I washed my dishes after every meal, there was never a trace. It's just good manners to leave a clean kitchen for the next person to find.
    I know exactly what you mean, my housemate has her guy over all the time. He pees all over the toilet seats, steals tea bags, contributes nothing to the house, walks around farting and giggling, is ridiculously jealous of anyone male coming to the door (he tried to hunt the chorus guy :pac:) and almost burnt the house down before burning a pair of his old runners in our tiny fireplace in the sitting room.

She that I can understand as a complaint.
    Giggling at his own farts. He's 21 going on 13 for God sake >.< I'm not exactly the queen of maturity but come on! :pac:
    Yeah, you're more like 11 going on 12 :D
    already done the couch :o

And yet you're constantly bitching about not getting some?
    it's my facecloth. on the side of the sink. he decided it's in his way and flung it on the ground. nice.

Why are you leaving your facecloth on the sink? It's a comunal sink, put your facecloth elsewhere. The only thing that gets left near the sink in my apartment is the liquid soap, cause we both use it. Everything else is left elsewhere.

Must say I'm beginning to brood about all this one-sided brooding!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    'ere we go again.

what? :confused: if you've a problem with me will you tell me about it instead of being snide
    The only one I see there as a genuine complaint is the heating. Best part of your own place is the freedom to have people over. Yes, if people are over all the time it's annoying, but I'm sure it's just as annoying if he has to say "sorry hun, can't have you over tonight, you're over your quota."
    As for dishes, you should be greatful he washes his, then you wash your own. When I lived with a stranger I washed my dishes after every meal, there was never a trace. It's just good manners to leave a clean kitchen for the next person to find.

so you dont think having someone else in your apartment 4/5 days a week is going to make you uncomfortable?? Why should I be grateful he washes his own dishes? he's meant to ya know. of course it's manners, it's expected, and that's what I do, he doesn't. where did I say I don't want to do my own dishes?? the heating is a genuine complaint, as is the rest. I'm entitled to feel comfortable in my house. It's hard to be comfortable when you can't watch tv. half the time they're kissing and cuddling on the couch beside me, I mean that's uncomfortable.
    And yet you're constantly bitching about not getting some?

am, no i'm not :confused:
    Why are you leaving your facecloth on the sink? It's a comunal sink, put your facecloth elsewhere. The only thing that gets left near the sink in my apartment is the liquid soap, cause we both use it. Everything else is left elsewhere.

Must say I'm beginning to brood about all this one-sided brooding!

wtf? exactly, it's communal! so i'm meant to keep everything I own in my room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

If I was ever forced to flat/house share again I would not leave my stuff in the bathroom.

Any feicer that goes in uses away at all your stuff. :mad:
    She could be even using your facecloth for all you know :pac:
    Or maybe he thought the facecloth need to be washed and dropped it near the laundry? I dunno just ideas!

How long as he lived there before you? Maybe him and the woman have had this arrangements for good few months now as maybe it's easier for her to call round to him as ...she may live with her parents or something.

How many hours is she around during these 4 or 5 nights?

Fair enough they don't have to be constantly on the couch kissing and cuddling but maybe he has no tv in his room.
    Who owns the tv in the sitting room?

Ya don't have to be confrontational.

Just get him on his own and say the heating needs to be discussed as with it being on at times it doesn't need to be then the bill is gonna be huge for you BOTH. Don't make it all about you. Make out like you are concerned about him paying his bills too. Then he won't get all defensive.

Does he work? Are your hours similar to when yous come home in the evenings?

If so then no heating needs to be on during the day. Just have it timed to come on half hour before you land home that way you have hot water for shower/dishes whatever. Maybe then have it on for wee while before bed.

Shut off any radiators in rooms you don't use much like the hallway or bathroom. That way the sitting room and bedrooms will heat up better.

Also agree on both your sides that all dishes be done that night so there is none leftover and yucky the next day.

Ugh. Fcuk no just thinking back on all my house shares. I won't ever be sharing with people again. Will even force myself to stay at home another few months to save up extra money for a place by myself.

Unless ya find someone just like you ya are screwed.

Oh they all claim to be clean and like a clean house. LIES!!! It's all lies I tells ya! :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Or maybe he thought the facecloth need to be washed and dropped it near the laundry? I dunno just ideas!

How long as he lived there before you? Maybe him and the woman have had this arrangements for good few months now as maybe it's easier for her to call round to him as ...she may live with her parents or something.

How many hours is she around during these 4 or 5 nights?

Fair enough they don't have to be constantly on the couch kissing and cuddling but maybe he has no tv in his room.
    Who owns the tv in the sitting room?

Ya don't have to be confrontational.

Just get him on his own and say the heating needs to be discussed as with it being on at times it doesn't need to be then the bill is gonna be huge for you BOTH. Don't make it all about you. Make out like you are concerned about him paying his bills too. Then he won't get all defensive.

Does he work? Are your hours similar to when yous come home in the evenings?

If so then no heating needs to be on during the day. Just have it timed to come on half hour before you land home that way you have hot water for shower/dishes whatever. Maybe then have it on for wee while before bed.

Shut off any radiators in rooms you don't use much like the hallway or bathroom. That way the sitting room and bedrooms will heat up better.

Also agree on both your sides that all dishes be done that night so there is none leftover and yucky the next day.

Ugh. Fcuk no just thinking back on all my house shares. I won't ever be sharing with people again. Will even force myself to stay at home another few months to save up extra money for a place by myself.

Unless ya find someone just like you ya are screwed.

Oh they all claim to be clean and like a clean house. LIES!!! It's all lies! :pac:

he's been here 1 year I think. dont care what kind of arrangement they have, they didn't let me know about it before i moved in. I might have been ok with it then, if he said that's the deal and he'll pay extra on the bills, but no nothing. in fact he said last week he didn't want a couple moving in, he'd hate to live with a couple.

I've no problem with her, but it is uncomfortable. the tv is belonging to the landlady. he works the same as me, though tends to be home earlier than me. and she's here when i get home. if she's not staying over she'll only go at 10/11pm but she usually stays. he comes home for lunch most days and she comes with him.

it's storage heating so there is no timer for heating and that. but he doesn't use it properly. I mean when she wants it on he'll flick on the boost for a few hours, and flick on the water heater. as it is there's no need cause there's enough hot water for two showers and the wash up in a day. but if they both have a shower there's none left for me then. anyway whatever about that. the bills are the main problem. I just don't have the money for it.

I'm not going to be is defensive. I mean I hate confrontation and i'll be shaking with nerves before talking to him. not like i'm going to be screaming at him.

I mean if she wants to live here then have her live here, and pay rent and bills, it's just taking the piss like this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

This needs a brood.

Yet again, on the road I cross to get home, some twat broke the red lights when I was crossing. This one breaked about two inches away from my legs.

I'm upset. :(

I got this guys licence plate, so I called the Gardaí and they are going to try to find him, if he is still in the area.

reallyrose wrote: »
    This needs a brood.

Yet again, on the road I cross to get home, some twat broke the red lights when I was crossing. This one breaked about two inches away from my legs.

I got this guys licence plate, so I called the Gardaí and they are going to try to find him, if he is still in the area.

Well done calling the cops :)

Have witnessed this happening outside my work a couple of times.
    Once it was a blind guy who would have, if a girl hadn't screamed at him to stop, been in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I thanked your post cuz you called the Gardaí, most people don't and it really gets on my nerves, especially cuz two of my sisters have been nearly knock over in separate occasions, ****ing assholes :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Gardaí just left, they took a spin around and couldn't find him, but they got his details up and are ringing him "to see what he has to say for himself"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

This needs a brood.

*hugs*
    Good on you for calling the guards! What a twat.

There's a certain wee spot I crossed alot of the times I was down and I swear I'd be half way across and the car would still fly on past me....:confused:

It's a RED fcuking light you psycho!!! :mad::mad:

This needs a brood.

That happened to me before. I was crossing a road outside my secondary school, light turned red for the cars, light turned green for me, gave it a second, looked and crossed... ****ing douchebag kept coming, would have knocked me down but I jumped forward and had my handback, kinda the way cops jump over bonnets in exciting 60s chase scenes. So, I was actually so stunned that I just walked into the school and flonked down...

But then there was a message over the intercom warning students to take more care on the road, and mentioned a close call that morning that a teacher had seen... and the tone suggested I was in the wrong! By that stage I was pissed off and asked my teacher to be excused and went to tell the principal what happened and why didn't the teacher take the license plate number if he was so observant. This was when I was in 6th year, and wasn't the first of my "fight the system" outbursts :P

These days even breaking flashing green lights get's me in rage mode

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Stupid fcuking meteor! What company has 9-5 customer service hours and why does it take them a day to respond to an email:mad::mad:

They never respond to email.

Best time to call them is between 9:30 and 10:00 as this gives them time to settle down in the morning as they are cranky and don't like calls just after 9.

Maguined wrote: »
    They never respond to email.

Best time to call them is between 9:30 and 10:00 as this gives them time to settle down in the morning as they are cranky and don't like calls just after 9.

But only if I could call them. As a pre-pay customer who recently moved to bill pay neither avenue of customer service is open to me. Going back to the store tomorrow to cancel the swicth to bill pay and move back to pre-pay with my credit and hopefully some sanity reinstated. I can't use my phone and I can't even access my free web texts online:mad:

micayla wrote: »
    Stupid fcuking meteor! What company has 9-5 customer service hours and why does it take them a day to respond to an email:mad::mad:

Prrretty irritating alright, if only we hadn't all moved over to their damn network for their free texts and free calls "for life". I should have stayed O2, they always treated me right :(
    But only if I could call them. As a pre-pay customer who recently moved to bill pay neither avenue of customer service is open to me. Going back to the store tomorrow to cancel the swicth to bill pay and move back to pre-pay with my credit and hopefully some sanity reinstated. I can't use my phone and I can't even access my free web texts online:mad:

Heh, so that's why you haven't been responding to my non-stop stream of "OMG ENDA!" texts :D

Prrretty irritating alright, if only we hadn't all moved over to their damn network for their free texts and free calls "for life". I should have stayed O2, they always treated me right :(

Heh, so that's why you haven't been responding to my non-stop stream of "OMG ENDA!" texts :D

02 were even worse! Talk about a rip off for phone calls:mad:

Check your emails:P

02 were even worse! Talk about a rip off for phone calls:mad:

But they brought in the €20 a month for texts to any network... plus their calls were cheaper than Meteor if I recall. But I changed anyhows, can't remember why, oh, I think it was cause most of my friends were broke "oh I only ring Meteor" types.

But they brought in the €20 a month for texts to any network... plus their calls were cheaper than Meteor if I recall. But I changed anyhows, can't remember why, oh, I think it was cause most of my friends were broke "oh I only ring Meteor" types.

Compare the cost of a call on both plans and you'll see Meteor are cheaper. I was with o2 and then I discovered that for a 15 minute coversation off peak it was costing me €10! On meteor pre-pay I'd get 30 minutes for €10.

• Advertisement

Compare the cost of a call on both plans and you'll see Meteor are cheaper. I was with o2 and then I discovered that for a 15 minute coversation off peak it was costing me €10! On meteor pre-pay I'd get 30 minutes for €10.

Ah sure I'm on Meteor now, and it was painful enough changing that I'll never ever change again.

And if you think we have it bad over here, trying O2 and the crew in Germany... ouch.

life%2Clove%2Csadness%2Cquote%2Csad-de9c5521d85a0e17c656fa3d1c14148a_h.jpg

That's on my facebook:D Got it in one imo. Doesn't mean love is all bad, but it has it's negatives as well as it's positives. It's a beautiful quote.

have to move out :( aint no houses going

Why do you have to move out?

Why do you have to move out?

housemates girlfriend is pregnant,, hence why she's been here so much, and she's moving in!

You just reminded me that my reply to your last post never actually got published!

housemates girlfriend is pregnant,, hence why she's been here so much, and she's moving in!

Surely you have time to find a new place? Like maybe 7 months?

Surely you are not on a massive timescale to move out?

If she is pregnant but you didn't notice by looking at her you should have months before she gets all big and nesty. So you should have plenty of time to find somewhere else good.

• Advertisement

Does that now mean you have to pay 1/3rd rent? Cause if not and she's officially moving in, THEN you should kick up a fuss

Some nesting might be nice though... make the place all cosy like.

Advertisement