Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

reallyrose wrote: »
    I've heard that Mags is actually a kitten made out of rainbows.

Double rainbows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Maguined wrote: »
    Double rainbows?

No, just regular kinds.

No, just regular kinds.

You may of accused me of being a kitten made out of rainbows, but this just made me a sad panda. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

No, just regular kinds.
    Tesco value rainbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

caption-this-picture-12.jpeg?w=500&h=363

Not only was that relevant to the conversation, it also harks back to your demented puppet comedy! :D

• Advertisement

Just finished Dragon Age 2.

It's like when you finish a really good book with an excellent story and you feel so hollow inside because it's over, it's finished, completed, no more. :(

Just finished Dragon Age 2.

It's like when you finish a really good book with an excellent story and you feel so hollow inside because it's over, it's finished, completed, no more. :(

Awww, I hate that feeling :( At least ya gots Arkham Asylum to keep ya goin'.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Awww, I hate that feeling :( At least ya gots Arkham Asylum to keep ya goin'.

I'm pretty much finished that as well, just got the last boss fight to do, as much as I love that game it just doesn't compare to the epic story feeling you get from DA2 so it doesn't affect you as much when its completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Tripped and fell running for my bus this morning, made the bus but my knees are bleeding:(

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

micayla wrote: »
    Tripped and fell running for my bus this morning, made the bus but my knees are bleeding:(

I'll just leave these here ;)

bandaids+skulls.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Heh those are pretty awesome band aids, I've seen ones with swear words before, would love to get them:)

Just remember to include the part about the bus when you are complaining about your knees being so sore and hurt, you don't want people to think you know... actually wait that would be awesome!

Never run for a bus. Ever.

Hope your knees feel better though.

I'm pretty much finished that as well, just got the last boss fight to do, as much as I love that game it just doesn't compare to the epic story feeling you get from DA2 so it doesn't affect you as much when its completed.

Yeah it's true, the stories don't really compare at all. Must pick up those games and give them a go. Have you dabbled in Bioshock 1&2? Pretty healthy storylines in both, or well the 1st at least.

Bleeding knees are bad, plus it means you can't wear a dress for an age... unless you don the pirate bandages! Or Winnie the Pooh ones! Yus! Pooh Uberalles!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

BioShock 1 is REALLY good, I've 2 as well but have not played it yet.

But Portal II is due out ASAP!!!!
    Yeah it's true, the stories don't really compare at all. Must pick up those games and give them a go. Have you dabbled in Bioshock 1&2? Pretty healthy storylines in both, or well the 1st at least.

Bleeding knees are bad, plus it means you can't wear a dress for an age... unless you don the pirate bandages! Or Winnie the Pooh ones! Yus! Pooh Uberalles!

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I really have to stop doing this, I'm flying to London for bout 7 days and have crap all clean stuff so I'm going to have to wash and somehow dry any stuff I want to bring :/

I really have to stop doing this, I'm flying to London for bout 7 days and have crap all clean stuff so I'm going to have to wash and somehow dry any stuff I want to bring :/

Washer/dryer bro! It's the way to go! :)

Made a tit of myself at my talk. :(
    I was too nervous and my brain just fell out and I was very stupid.
    agh

Jumping into ocean, brb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Aww no. It probably wasn't as bad as you think. *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

agh

Jumping into ocean, brb

Chin up rose, doing talks/presentations can be insanely difficult. There's not many who are naturals at it, and out of that select few, a lot of them are just good wafflers. ;)

And as FC said, it may not have been as bad as you think, I've given one or two presentations that I thought went crappily but the grade I came out with said otherwise. So give yourself a break, it may not have been the disaster you think it was. :)

agh

Jumping into ocean, brb

As others have said, it's never as bad as you think. Plus if it was academic then I'm sure the science was strong in you little one, the science is strong...

... and that's all that matters in the end really. Unless you're going for a Dawkins buzz. Or that guy who tried to claim chemistry was the best subject because all the songs are about it and, um, he entered to disco music and jived his way down infront of 200 students. I'd post a video but it occured during the last administration. Maybe I'll root for it.

Try not to sweat it Rose, you'll get the next one. We've all fluffed giving a talk at one time or another. I swore loudly in one of mine.
    Plus if it was academic then I'm sure the science was strong in you little one, the science is strong...

tumblr_l4pn82R94J1qa6xcio1_400.jpg

Try not to sweat it Rose, you'll get the next one. We've all fluffed giving a talk at one time or another. I swore loudly in one of mine.

tumblr_l4pn82R94J1qa6xcio1_400.jpg

What he said! I royally ****ed up my thesis proposal presentation, it'll be grand tomorrow :)

KotE - Love that pic, keep meaning to pick up the t-shirt!

Rose blanked me badly walking into town, just at the top of Haddington Road.
    Two people saw.

:(:(:(

Two people saw.

Chatbox did it to me too, but he only gets one :( because he mentioned it on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Spent most of the day sitting at home waiting for a courier who was supposed to come but as it turns out delivered to the wrong address.
    Absolute waste of a (beautiful) day off from work! :mad:

Two people saw.

:eek: When? Was I wearing my glasses, because if I wasn't, I mightn't have seen you clearly enough to recognise you! *unending sadness*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

:eek: When? Was I wearing my glasses, because if I wasn't, I mightn't have seen you clearly enough to recognise you! *unending sadness*

Heh, when I read the King's post I was thinking to myself "I wonder if rose wears glasses and is as blind as me if she's not wearing them?"

Forgive us blind people, we don't mean to blank people on purpose! :o :pac:

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Heh, when I read the King's post I was thinking to myself "I wonder if rose wears glasses and is as blind as me if she's not wearing them?"

Forgive us blind people, we don't mean to blank people on purpose! :o :pac:

Along with being blind, I tend to lapse into a lucid dreaming state when walking about. I get bored walking, so I let my brain drift off by itself.
    Usually it comes back whem I reach my destination. (usually)

Advertisement