Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I don't know anything about where you live. I figured it was either in your house and you were sharing with strangers, or outside in a postbox.

There's no camera I suppose?

Oh, I live in an apartment block. No nothing like that. I'm not really bothered about what was taken cause they can't use it but it's more that someone opened my mail and I really hate folks who invade my privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

micayla wrote: »
    Came home tonight to find mail addressed to me ripped open and stuff stolen. Luckily it wasn't anything important but I still feel kinda weird about it all:mad:

That's really fcuking low! That stuff would seriously freak me out.

Me and mate came home from night out to her apartment block(down in a side street/laneway) in Galway and just outside the gate is all the letterboxes about 20 in total.
    Every box had their letters ripped out and thrown all over the place.

So in our drunken state we tried to help and every piece of paper we found with the address on it popped it back into the right box. Least that way it wouldn't blow away or get soaked in rain. But there were definitely some social welfare cheques taken cause they left the letters and peoples bill details.

Creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Fecking Hell!!!,
    Looks like the best part of last night is missing from my memory.....

Just saw this Twat I supposedly sent last night.....

@BaconZombie: Just sent 40min talking to a really intelligent cute girl about the quantum mechanics of a pokeball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Fecking Hell!!!,
    Looks like the best part of last night is missing from my memory.....

Just saw this Twat I supposedly sent last night.....

Look on the bright side dude, if you were drunk enough to forget about it then you could of been drunk enough that it was the beer goggles talking and she wasn't a cute girl, she could of looked like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Does anyone know how to deal with random bouts of depression that aren't really about anything in particular...?

I dunno if boards is really the right place but I'm out of ideas...I went to my doctor, who refuses to believe that I'm that bad, and I saw the college campus counsellor, I felt even worse afterwards it just felt like she was talking to me to get her cheque.

It's just been getting worse and worse as the years go by, I thought it was exams when I was in school, but it hasn't gone and I dunno what to do, cuz it's always my bf who's picking up the slack and it's really not fair on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Does anyone know how to deal with random bouts of depression that aren't really about anything in particular...?

I dunno if boards is really the right place but I'm out of ideas...I went to my doctor, who refuses to believe that I'm that bad, and I saw the college campus counsellor, I felt even worse afterwards it just felt like she was talking to me to get her cheque.

It's just been getting worse and worse as the years go by, I thought it was exams when I was in school, but it hasn't gone and I dunno what to do, cuz it's always my bf who's picking up the slack and it's really not fair on him.

Exercise & comedy, sounds simple but it really does wonders.

Maguined wrote: »
    Exercise & comedy, sounds simple but it really does wonders.

Yeah the doctor said exercise the first time I mentioned it to her, and I've been doing an awful lot more, but I just feel terrible afterwards cuz I feel like I'm getting nowhere, y'know?

And as for the comedy, I'm always laughing, when I'm around people I'm very happy go lucky and bubbly and honestly it's not even a front, but when I'm alone it just all goes away...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

you really need a second opinion if you're doctor is being a twat and not listening. get thee to an apotecary :-)

I always find talking helps but you need to realise everyone is different and you really need pro advice.

I can do a bit of a googley search for you if you want?

I also have to note (sigh,boards blah) about the whole medical advice thingy and boards policy.
    tis serious business after all.

Hey Nerin, yeh you might be right about changing doctors, it wouldn't hurt anyways. :) I understand that you can't say much more than that, I'm just sick of feeling like this the whole time...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hey Nerin, yeh you might be right about changing doctors, it wouldn't hurt anyways. :) I understand that you can't say much more than that, I'm just sick of feeling like this the whole time...

yeah, if you feel the doc might not be taking it seriously it might give you piece of mind to do another check.

feel free to discuss and chat, just had to post that lil notice, just in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yeah the doctor said exercise the first time I mentioned it to her, and I've been doing an awful lot more, but I just feel terrible afterwards cuz I feel like I'm getting nowhere, y'know?

And as for the comedy, I'm always laughing, when I'm around people I'm very happy go lucky and bubbly and honestly it's not even a front, but when I'm alone it just all goes away...
    Find a comedian you enjoy, and listen to their albums on an MP3 player when you alone. helps with my anger issues.

Does that not get repetitive for you though? I find even watching Live at the Apollo re-runs is annoying

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Does that not get repetitive for you though? I find even watching Live at the Apollo re-runs is annoying
    Not if I put the albums on shuffle. Feels like a new show every time even if I already know the punchlines

I normally use alcohol but would not recommend it :/

Throwing yourself into a new hobby can also help.

So much for not drinking Jagr and $energy...

*/ Saves spot for rant later */

*/ Enable Hot Female Repulsion Feild */

Tonight proves that when I get ****faced the $voices take over by body and consciousness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tonight proves that when I get ****faced the $voices take over by body and consciousness

???

Sore back, sore calf.......but feck it, the show must go on. ;)

I'm talking about boozing btw.

:pac:

GAH! Stupid Opticians all being booked out for appointments! I want my learners permit:mad:/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

GAH! Stupid Opticians all being booked out for appointments! I want my learners permit:mad:/rant

I got a doctor to do my eye test, but then I have a medical card so didnt have to fork out the €50 or however much it is these days. If you have one, or have to go for any reason anyway, they can sign the form for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Feeling so tired and rundown. Argh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I got a doctor to do my eye test, but then I have a medical card so didnt have to fork out the €50 or however much it is these days. If you have one, or have to go for any reason anyway, they can sign the form for you.

Did the doctor not charge you anything at all?
    The doc who did my brothers charged him €20 for the eye test even though he had his medical card :confused:

Got an appointment in the end, they quoted me €25 don't know who was trying to charge you €50:eek: The eye test is cheaper than an appointment with the doctor but thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Did the doctor not charge you anything at all?
    The doc who did my brothers charged him €20 for the eye test even though he had his medical card :confused:
    Got an appointment in the end, they quoted me €25 don't know who was trying to charge you €50:eek: The eye test is cheaper than an appointment with the doctor but thanks:)

Oh maybe I did have to pay something, was last year, can't really remember :o Don't think it was as much as €20 though.

Haven't been to the gym in just under two weeks, baaaaaaaaaaah. Was doing 5k in around 25 mins before I stopped going, dreading to see what I can do when I go back on Thursday. :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Haven't been to the gym in just under two weeks, baaaaaaaaaaah. Was doing 5k in around 25 mins before I stopped going, dreading to see what I can do when I go back on Thursday. :o :pac:

Tried doing a little bit of training myself a while back, but the shoulder keeps still niggling at me :(. I know how you feel man when you have been a certain level of fitness/strength and then it kind of disappears after a little while. I actually wouldn't worry too much about it if it's been two weeks, you will regain it quite quickly and sometimes a rest every now and again is just as good for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm not looking forward to getting back into shape post-thesis/ribs.

*sobs with fear*

Tried doing a little bit of training myself a while back, but the shoulder keeps still niggling at me :(. I know how you feel man when you have been a certain level of fitness/strength and then it kind of disappears after a little while. I actually wouldn't worry too much about it if it's been two weeks, you will regain it quite quickly and sometimes a rest every now and again is just as good for you :)

Aye, I know one good week will get me back to normal, the hard part will be dragging my ass into the gym on Thursday! :pac: What exactly happened to your shoulder mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Aye, I know one good week will get me back to normal, the hard part will be dragging my ass into the gym on Thursday! :pac: What exactly happened to your shoulder mate?

Shoulder Burstis & suspected tear in my Supraspinatus Tendon. Been almost 10 months since it happened, but it's (slowly) getting there. Don't know how it happened either! Could have been doing the Iron Cross on Gymnastic Rings, I think that 1 second of actually getting it cost me the Injury :(. Could have not been getting enough recovery either.

Was sorta really pissed off at first, but just accepted it after a while! Not much you can really do when it does happen :D. Iv suprisingly lost alot weight too (usually people put on weight after an injury) but it's basically been muscle weight though :(

Rose, it's all about getting the right mindset for it and the rest will follow :). So don't worry & I'm sure there are people on boards who would help you as well (myself included!)

Ouch, sounds painful. It's crazy how much strength gymnasts have, you wouldn't think it to look at some of them but they have to be among the strongest athletes across all sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sister just sent me a text telling me I'm greedy because I want back money she owes me! :mad:

Advertisement