Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Package/Price comparisons?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys

Currently with broadband in an all in package with rental, calls and broadband for €50 a month. it's a 1mb line.

Thinking of changing to Vodafone for similar package only it will be a 3mb line and you get free calls to three mobile phone customers.

there used be a site online where it used show the current comparisons in price from all broadband companies but i can no longer find it.

Anyone know of one?

or anyone know who are the giving the best price for best quality?

I have found Eircom to be ok, but need better.

Have had terrible experience with Esat BT in past and have heard nothing but bad about Perlico.

My aunt is considering Smart Telecom and i looked at their rates today and they are in par with Eircom but no nothing of their service. Anyone use them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

EdwinaIRL wrote: »

My aunt is considering Smart Telecom and i looked at their rates today and they are in par with Eircom but no nothing of their service. Anyone use them?

Outstanding.
    You'll be calling round to your aunt to use her set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

http://www.uchoose.ie/

This might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EdwinaIRL

Thanks !

Just figured out Smart Telecom isn't in our area so that is out!

The link looks good! Just pumping in my landline number now to see all options!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭j_lennon18

Thanks !

I wouldnt go by that site to check if Smart is not in your area because i just checked what is available in my area and Smart did not come up in the results even tho i am with smart the last 3 years! :confused:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Thanks !

Where are you living?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 NatDonegal

Don't cancel your current broadband until you've had a trial on the mobile broadband. I'm with o2 "3MB" broadband and getting dial-up speed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

callcost.ie allows you to compare also,
    So called Mobile Broadband or Midband is not in anyway the same as ADSL or Cable Broadband, I suggest you read the Midband forum before you even look into this option as you very well could be wasting your time and money

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

NatDonegal wrote: »
    Don't cancel your current broadband until you've had a trial on the mobile broadband. I'm with o2 "3MB" broadband and getting dial-up speed.

I think the poster may be talking about Vodafone DSL?

Advertisement