Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a stroller

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

My little one is now almost 11 months old so I want to get a lighter buggy than the travel system. I was looking at the chicco lite way stroller or the silver cross pop stroller. Was just wondering if anyone has either of these strollers and how you rate them.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Angel28 wrote: »
    My little one is now almost 11 months old so I want to get a lighter buggy than the travel system. I was looking at the chicco lite way stroller or the silver cross pop stroller. Was just wondering if anyone has either of these strollers and how you rate them.
    Thanks.

I had a Chicco stroller I got it in mothercare it was brilliant, it had bigger wheels than normal but was so easy to push and my Little lad loved it I used it on my newborn as well for the fist few months till I could afford a new buggy for her.
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Chicco_CT_0_4_Stroller_in_Race__6609639 mine was grey and orange and if i remember correctly it was 130 in mothercare. I loved it it did get broken on us but it wasnt a manufactures fault. over use may be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Angel28

Thanks for that Baby75. I went to Mothercare today and ended up buying a maclaren. The pop while fab had handles too high for me - I'm not that tall and the chicco didn't give babs much room - don't think she would last long in it. Was a bit more pricey than I wanted but hope will do the trick.:)

Angel28 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Baby75. I went to Mothercare today and ended up buying a maclaren. The pop while fab had handles too high for me - I'm not that tall and the chicco didn't give babs much room - don't think she would last long in it. Was a bit more pricey than I wanted but hope will do the trick.:)

No problem, you cant go wrong with a maclaren :D

I dont think mother care have the same chicco I got any more its a smaller version lighter wheels,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Since when is a buggy a stroller?

Highsider wrote: »
    :D I don't know actually, may be taking on American terminology or Australian may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Highsider wrote: »

Since the dawn of time around these parts :) I guess it's one of those things people have different words for, like dodie/pacifier/soother..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I would have said that a stroller is a lighter, more compact version of a buggy, but the two seem to be converging now, ie strollers are getting bigger and beefier.
    To me a stroller would only be suitable for a toddler.

We bought a Mamas & Papas stroller recently, as our buggy had served it's time after three kids. Very happy with it - plus it was on discount in the shop, which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've got my Chicco stroller, it being classed as a stroller even though I've always called in a buggy, it's an umbrella type and is light. It can be put in 3 positions and is very easy to wheel. There's a leg rest at the front that can be raised.

I bought it over 13 years ago for stg £70 in Mothercare and it has seen me through my own children plus lots of children that I've minded over the years.

Advertisement