Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player-vs-player

Options
  • 19-03-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, this thread is here for all you PvP addicts who cant get enough! Feel free to post gear, specs, etc. and anyone that has a question to ask about any aspect of PvP then just post away!?

Magic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Roll dk, get semi decent gear. (most dks running 3 deadly/2 valerous)
    Spec shadowfrost, find a paladin whos not blind.
    Faceroll.

Discuss.

On a side note I run paladin/dk :(

anyway www.arenajunkies.com if you're semi serious about wow pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

But are the DK getting a nerf in the next patch?
    They just do so much damage even when tanking.

I play as a hunter and find it very hard to get any good raiting.

I will roll a dk in the next few weeks.

what what, you find it hard to pvp as a hunter, you're survival right?
    Hunter pala/shammy is a hard counter for us, in fact I think its the only match in 2v2 that we find hard to beat, as shadowfrost it's alot easier but its still very hard, its basically us going turtle for the duration, blowing all cd's and trying to kill the paladin/hunter depending on position, if we fail in those 10seconds then we turtle again rinse and repeat :)

We went from 3rd in the bg in 5v5 last nyt to 16th :( we played ****ing awful, top2 spots get glad.

The fact that the frostwym is now going to be the glad drake for season5 is the reason me and the paladin started a 2v2 team, going to try and tank to 2350 to get top 60 which is glad in 2's on our bg, just in case we fail at 5's.

It really depends what you think to be a nerf. They're nerfing shadowfrost which lets be honest is just a stupidly easy spec to play :D

Watch death strike next patch, sources on the ptr stating 20k heals.........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

wow and pvp in same breath yuck!

wow and pve yummy!
    warhammer and pvp yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

My team doesnt rly have major trouble with dk/paly setup! Good feral dru nd myself a disc. priest and we usually hop the paly nd dru cyclones dk, dru and i get pala to between 2k and 5k hp before hes free- mass dispel, fear, gg :-) dks usually on me so fear takes him too(usually trinkets on cyclone). Ofc doesnt always go to plan but i have the dispel magic/kite tacs to neutralize dk while my dru kills pala so we do well enough :-D that said only 1600 rating after 30 odd games so it isnt pros there :-P

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    wow and pvp in same breath yuck!

wow and pve yummy!
    warhammer and pvp yummy!

Haha! You know that most players above 1600 rating are gd a both pve and pvp! Unfortunatly u roll pve as main thing u do then hello 1-trick pony!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Sorry but you're talking about being good at pvp and having 1600 rating in the same sentence...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

magicianz wrote: »
    Haha! You know that most players above 1600 rating are gd a both pve and pvp! Unfortunatly u roll pve as main thing u do then hello 1-trick pony!

I just dislike wow pvp, its nothing to do with how good one is.

For pvp i just prefer a proper pvp based game like warhammer.
    For pve i prefer wow.

:)

soz magician going to have to say you're wrong here, playing at 2300+ on the tournie realm with a lock who rolled holy and 2100+ 3v3 live and 2k+ 5v5 live so i'd like to think I know a we bit.
    Thats not to say you dont know but

It's basically a free win for us, the dk starts on the priest and gets in combat to avoid a pounce into cyclone, druid pops and its an insta death grip, dk sits on the druid for the duration of the game making him stay in bear form hard while any decent paladin worth his salt just laughs at you while using LOS.

It's not about downing anyone here, this is why most dks you play are bad they go for a kill. its basically about keeping dots on the druid and pestilence him when priest is in range making the priest burn more mana than he has to, you always have a pet up so there is no chance a priest is drinking, its not a downing game its about outlasting the priests mana which is not hard to do.

Its all about making the druid stay out of cat form and just out lasting them, if your paladin needs to plea you turtle it, but he shouldn't with any clue.

So whats all yer classes weaknesses? Any achilles heels around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My friend is lvling up a pala so maybe i will try some arena with him when he gets to 80. I was thinking hunter/pala would be ok.

What spec should the pala be ? to suit my hunter who is survival. Have not done pvp in a long time so i want to try it again.

Well charlie tbh, survival is an amazingly good spec however sadly like shadowfrost you wont have any hunters running it next patch, thats not to say you wont be as strong, but random rng tnt procs in freezing trap is going to be a thing of the past, YIPEE :D

I assume people will spec MM/BM next patch and pala/hunt will still be a hugely viable team just for the fact that hunter/pala has ALWAYS been a good comp versus mage/rogue as apposed to shammy/hunter being weak versus it.

I know alot of shammy pala/hunter teams who say they farm dk's but I think the dk's they're playing are retards, I don't and can't lose to a hunter shammy / pala as shadowfrost/pala.
    Frost presence with fire aura up and basically just turtle the fight and wait for shammy/pala to go oom or gib the shammy/pala if they get in a really bad spot, For instance in frost presence running 5/5 deadly with fire aura up I think TNT was proccing for around 600 :D Thats not including icebound fortitude + bone shield + pet sac + ams for when your healer is out of the game for a bit IF he cant los :D
    Then you have my icy touches critting for 4.5/5.5k on the hunter, its ALOT more healing intensive not to mention diseases on pet and healer.

@Magician
    If you were to ask whats a counter comp for DK/pala at the moment I can't really think of one, the hardest comp to play against is a lock/shammy but you can still gib the shammy if you go for a kill when fear on you is on dr's or if you keep trinket + ams + lichbourne and blow them all to gib the shammy
    Normally we can drink whenever we want by either killing the pet, or by chains of ice the pet pretending to go for a kill by dark commanding it around a piller for the lock to call it back then my pally sits and drinks until pet comes back then its feared and its a rinse and repeat, once again if your pally can piller kite its not a hard fight as long as you're interupting the fears as much as possible via deathgrip/pet stun/mind freeze.
    The only time this fight is a loss is if both your pally and you get caught in a howl and both of u get chain feared. Other than that, kill pet, outlast mana battle or gib shammy/paladin by blowing all fear immune cd's so you have a good 20seconds to for a bubble or in a shammys case NS+Trinket or even a kill right away.

Another hard enough comp is ret/priest but played properly its once again really easy. All your paladin has to do and I cant stress this enough is MAX range if he's doing this correctly then he wont be screamed by the priest and he wont need to bubble to have it mass dispelled resulting in an instant loss.
    If the dk goes in frost presence and just tanks the paladin he will do more dmg than the paladin at the priest as we all know will go oom very fast, kite shadowfiend when its popped. outlast priest and pala kite and you win this as well.

I dont think dk/holy has ANY counters at the moment unless they play it horrible and have no control of where they want to play the map they will lose. Any decent DK will just keep IBF/AMS/bone shield + pet sac for when his healer has been cc'd beyond a bubble/trinket, and will blow them there and then, by then the paladin has bubble and or trinket up and you're just resetting the fight but with alot more mana, I pity people fighting this comp I really do :D

Also alot of dk's don't know this but putting razorice rune on your mainhand results in DOUBLE the km procs basically km = next icy touch is a crit, it's stupid how much it's up I mean its up more than you have frost runes to refresh it, I think thats why I'm doing so good against mirrors as im doing alot more dmg. It's been hotfixed on the PTR so make use of it now :D

I'm boosting paladins on my realm and making money off it like no 2mor so im a happy camper :D

Well usually my dru attacks the pala and i just kite DK but its noob ratings like. Then if dk goes for my dru i can run in, fear and mana burn/DPS on pala and repeat - my dru has great survivability so i can go aggressive for a while. Shammy/lock can be extremely easy for us cause the dru literally destroys locks! I barely got of 2 casts before he was dead! It was hilarious :-P hunters are my kryptonite if i get caught without LoS abusing places. Btw is there any problems on org arena? Aint got it in weeks!

It's been removed, and thank **** as well worst arena ever.

Well you see you're playing retards :D a dk CANT die to a feral druid its impossible, the druid HAS to go into bear form in order to reduce dps from a dk and in bear form with a dk in frost presence he does minimal damage.

And if the dk does somehow get low, he has AMS/PET SAC/Bone Shield/IBF up to negate the dmg if and when the paladin is out of the game which he shouldn't be, I usually just sit on the feral always and just run priest oom, its a longish fight but i've never lost, I dont like the option of sitting on the priest, if he's good he'll shackle the lichbourne and if the druids decent he'll cycle for full duration and switch to paladin, basically its just a free win if the dk sits on druid in frost presence and runs healer oom and your paladin runs around pillers <3 freedom, if the priest is getting low I make sure I have deathgrip up in order to stop the aoe fear, all the while im spreading diseases to priest/feral etc etc to make his mana drain alot quicker.

hunters counter your comp hard, scare beast ftw :D disengage/traps ftl :D

It doesn't really matter tho, you're running 1600 so most of the above or anything in this thread gets thrown out the window :D

Awh u serious? That sucks! That arena was amazing for me :-P i timed pillar hops perfectly xD dru is on pala not dk :-P oh what addons do you use for pvp? Yeah its usually nuke healer so i just pain suppression bubble renew blah blah and dance :-P is there any achilles heel for dk/pala?

Thats my point no dk in the world lets a feral sit on a paladin, in fact its impossible for a feral to sit on a paladin if the dk has a brain, chains of ice, blood boil slow, pet stun, deathgrip.

I use, afflicted 2, bartender, gladius, Drtimer, event alert, spell alerter2
    magic runes (dk only)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

what does magic runes do ?

shows ur runes as bar form with a cd timer on them

for instance when u use a blood rune if you have the talent "REAPING" converts a blood rune to a death rune if you use blood strike or blood boil, the blood rune changes to a purple bar(death rune), its just a handy way of seeing what runes you have and how long till they refresh and how many death runes you have up so you can spam 7 Icy Touches in a row when you're pvping!

Advertisement