Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live

• 19-03-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Got my xbox back from microsoft today and tried to connect to xbox live but it failed. Long story short I rang microsoft customer support and the guy told me to open some ports. I googled the problem and found that others had managed a fix by setting the firewall in the eircom netopia router to low. I set mine to low and it worked fine.

Anyway microsoft support told me to associate the following ports with the xbox ip address.

TCP 53, 80 3074

UDP 53, 88, 3074

My question is how do I go about doing this?

I got into the router 192.168.1.254 - expert mode - configure - advanced - nat

After that I kinda get lost. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

service name - > xbox live 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

another quick soloution is to see if your router supports upnp in the settings menu on the router login page,if its disabled,enable it .and if that dont sort it search the threads posted here,the soloution has been posted a goood few times now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Cheers for that. Its that simple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If you're with Eircom i would just turn the firewall level on the router down to low instead of what it's on now. That worked for me when my live wouldn't work. All the other suggestions didn't work properly for me for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

• Advertisement
Advertisement