Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweet.ie @spam

Options
  • 19-03-2009 12:49am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any change in one of the ComMa's becoming or appointing a @spam cop for tweet.ie? Most of the recent posts are just pure spam at this stage and that kinda kills the point. Twitter has a @spam which seems to work rather well
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I dont know, some of those recipes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

http://tweet.ie/cballen52

this user is getting quiet annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Would be a shame to see another worthwhile (and very worthy) project orphaned a la adverts.ie

As a side issue, have the CommMans (seeing as they were mentioned in the OP) taken up their roles yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Perhaps their role remains to be formalised.

Seems to be nothing happening in the "public" domain as yet which supports that unashamed conjecture on my part.

Anyway, I'm taking this thread west, so I'll live on in wonder ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Any word from up on high?

In fairness, this should have probably been in the Development forum but anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Perhaps their role remains to be formalised.

Seems to be nothing happening in the "public" domain as yet which supports that unashamed conjecture on my part.

Anyway, I'm taking this thread west, so I'll live on in wonder ;)

Orly ?
    http://www.boards.ie/contact.php?

Ya rly.

That link has been pointing to an @boards.ie address since God was in short pants.

Some of us don't have the time or inclination to click links regularly to make sure they haven't altered or have access to fora where these things may be noticed or announced.

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya rly.

That link has been pointing to an @boards.ie address since God was in short pants.

Some of us don't have the time or inclination to click links regularly to make sure they haven't altered or have access to fora where these things may be noticed or announced.

Thanks for the info.

Its been fixed now.. You *should* now get an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I noticed it by clicking on it :P

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I noticed it by clicking on it :P

I should probably do the same now and tell them tweet is being twatted ;)

So has this fallen on deaf ears?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I wouldn't mind using tweet, but there is little point when there is spam all over it..

Do we need a tweet mod? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind using tweet, but there is little point when there is spam all over it..

Do we need a tweet mod? :pac:

Yes. Yes we do. We need a ruubot mini. Ruu- start laying eggs!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

*bump*

Now there's webhosting and used car sites spamming. Nice advertising for them, being on the front page of Boards for free.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks, I hadnt seen this before.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Roundy, I'll be making an announcement about the changes we've made in the structure of the site with regard to such things in the (quite) near future.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Working on it... Tim Berners-Lee mentioned tweet.ie in his keynote speech at WWW2009 today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Cloud wrote: »
    Working on it... Tim Berners-Lee mentioned tweet.ie in his keynote speech at WWW2009 today :D

Cool...... expect the spam to increase dramatically.

Automatic sources blocked from public timeline.

Does that mean that you can only update tweet from tweet itself?

No you can continue to update from whereever, but automated notices from services like ping.fm will only be displayed if you subscribe to an account or click on them directly.

If you spot any other spam accounts, let us know and we can add them to the spam user list.

Advertisement