Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Formula 1 Championship 2009

• 19-03-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

With 10 days before the start of the season in Melbourne it would be great if we could run another competition.

Odd-job could run it has he did a fantastic job last year.

I thought that we should apply the same point system as in Formula 1.

i.e You pick a driver ( say Massa ) before the start of the qualification, Massa win the race you get 10 points.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Sounds great.
    Odd-job sent me a PM a few weeks ago, suggesting he was going to run it again this year, but I haven't heard from him since.
    I'd sign-up - can't get enough (sad!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

elmolesto wrote: »
    With 10 days before the start of the season in Melbourne it would be great if we could run another competition.

Odd-job could run it has he did a fantastic job last year.

I thought that we should apply the same point system as in Formula 1.

i.e You pick a driver ( say Massa ) before the start of the qualification, Massa win the race you get 10 points.

What do you guys think?
    I nominate elmolesto to run it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

I'd be very interested if this goes ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Thanks !

Yeah, Im keen to do the comp again !

The only thing for me is time .... I go through working periods which require me working till crazy o clock every night.

Last year I often went a week before updating the standings etc.

Ill nominate Elmolesto to jointly host the comp this year if he is interested !!?!!

I take on your idea about drivers points Elmolesto, good idea !
    The only thing would be concerning fair reward for your driver picks, for example :
    I choose G Fisichella in the Force India and he wins ...then i deserve more than 10 points as it is extremely unlikely a force india will win !
    Often a clear favourite is established , would everybody be picking the same driver

what about the side comp's I used to do...
    (e.g number of classified finishers , team vs team head to heads etc. )
    should we include them or not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I liked the way it was done last year, that's just my opinion though.

Quick updating of the standings isn't really that important tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

ok... I was thinking about elmlesto's idea , it's good !

The only pitfall there, is having to list every driver in the comp , and working out who got what would take forever to calculate.
    I used the "any other driver" option which kept the post a little more compact and balanced .

I think I'll start the comp tonight in traditional fashion as i wont be home early enough tomorrow to do it.

Elmolesto ,... we can change the format for the MALAYSIAN GP !
    Anybody else who got idea's are welcome too.

Here we go !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

ODD-JOB Not sure if this would work but, what about using an online google spreadsheet for the standings then you could get people to help keep it updated and copy the current standings into a post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll volunteer to update the standings every week.

The Japanese GP is the only one I wouldn't be able to update for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Good man ODD-JOB....I'm in.:)

Advertisement