Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog too tough to handle?

Options
  • 19-03-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Masters student at IADT Dun Laoghaire doing a short documentary on dogs in Ireland. I'm hoping to look at all sides of the story with regards to pet abandonment.

Has anyone adopted or bred a dog that was just too difficult to take care of? Either because it was too sick, or was bred as a fighting dog or just because they themselves weren't ready to take on the responsibility?

I have spoken to lots of dog rescue groups and people who have adopted dogs, but I want to speak with people on the other side of the fence - who have valid reasons for surrendering an animal.

I realise it may be hard to find someone to honestly admit to this - but if anyone knows someone who can justify their actions - I'd love to get in contact with them.

Thanks!

Susan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Masters student at IADT Dun Laoghaire doing a short documentary on dogs in Ireland. I'm hoping to look at all sides of the story with regards to pet abandonment.

Has anyone adopted or bred a dog that was just too difficult to take care of? Either because it was too sick, or was bred as a fighting dog or just because they themselves weren't ready to take on the responsibility?

I have spoken to lots of dog rescue groups and people who have adopted dogs, but I want to speak with people on the other side of the fence - who have valid reasons for surrendering an animal.

I realise it may be hard to find someone to honestly admit to this - but if anyone knows someone who can justify their actions - I'd love to get in contact with them.

Thanks!

Susan
    susan there are a number of dog breeds that have been known to be a problem- because of insanity in the breed, but as for the normal dog given lots of love but firmness ,anything can be sorted--[dog lover uk]

Advertisement