Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti/Art - Dock Road

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't normally have anytime for the usual rubbish graffiti and tags you'd see about town but I must say I do like the stuff that has been done in that abandoned yard by motorzone on the Dock Road. It's nice, bright and seems to change regularly enough too.

What you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I wouldn't normally have anytime for the usual rubbish graffiti and tags you'd see about town but I must say I do like the stuff that has been done in that abandoned yard by motorzone on the Dock Road. It's nice, bright and seems to change regularly enough too.

What you think of it?
    I love graffiti , as long as its done right and not just Jacinta loves Anto rubbish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw the Dock Road stuff from a distance, it looks great. I'll try to get a few pictures of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i think its the bees knees.. about time these artists got some props.. would be nice if the council designated an area that it could be done legally. would make a nice change to all the to let and closing down signs all over the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got a few pictures earlier, will upload them soon.

Here we go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Whereabouts is this? Google map it for me please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

even the cbs sexton street has its won graffiti on the old first year building.
    there is some excellent graffiti on the canal bank near clare street entrance. mind the winos and crackheads though!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

It sucks monkey balls. Seriously, if you're going to spray paint something at least make it interesting with some meaning.

It's just random crap. Might as well be Anto love knob or something.

Here's the best stuff:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this? Google map it for me please!!

it's the area at the end of courtbrack Avenue, i've marked it.....yelllow pin.75379.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

saw an awesome stencil work in killarney today of the queen walking her corgie while carrying a lidl shoping bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

foinse wrote: »
    it's the area at the end of courtbrack Avenue, i've marked it.....yelllow pin.

Cool thanks. Might take a few photos there later on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Im out in Melbourne myself at the moment and there is loads of really cool graffiti everywhere. The councils out here pay guys to do it. Really good idea. Really brightens up boring old buildings and walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

It sucks monkey balls. Seriously, if you're going to spray paint something at least make it interesting with some meaning.

It's just random crap. Might as well be Anto love knob or something.

Here's the best stuff:

Bit immature of you don't you think??!

I agree I think the dock road looks great. There are some talented people out there and if the council allowed them to do it in certain areas it would stop the guys from doing it were they shouldn't. The skate parks were great ideas as it keeps the kids happy. My lil brother spends all his time at them. Finally a few good things for Limerick

they should get the skatepark sprayed.. would look nice.. and im sure the skaters wouldnt mind..

pink star wrote: »
    Bit immature of you don't you think??!

That gave me mega lulz. So much so I had to go to the doctor :(

Anyway, I'm against graffiti. Shouldn't be praising people spraying all over property that doesn't belong to them.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not a fan of graffiti either. The things is the people who are doing it are going to do it anyway that if they had a designated spot they could do it in that it might actually reduce them to doing it were they shouldn't. I also agree that they should do it in the skate park, I know from a few of the lads who go skating in there that they'd only love it! I admit though that the one in town would only be suitable because the one in Castletroy is really nice and there is the park and kids playground beside it that there is a chance of making it look run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone remember when the tankers on the train from the cement factory were covered in proper graffiti ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Chong wrote: »
    I love graffiti , as long as its done right and not just Jacinta loves Anto rubbish.

But she really does love Anto

But she really does love Anto

No, you have it wrong. Anto loves knob. Jacinta is coming in second from what the walls are telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Some knackers/scumbags are going around wrecking parts of Raheen with their graffiti, its really disgusting and bringing down the area. Wish they would catch this scum and chop their hands off or something! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

kelly moore 2k8

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone remember when the tankers on the train from the cement factory were covered in proper graffiti ?

i do!!

Some knackers/scumbags are going around wrecking parts of Raheen with their graffiti, its really disgusting and bringing down the area. Wish they would catch this scum and chop their hands off or something! :mad:

I agree with this, I was going to work yesterday and saw what they did to the wall in Strykers by 4homes, it looks terrible. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to have a designated area that it's legal for them to do it in that it would reduce guys like them doing it in nice places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i was driving by the school at the top of william street this evening...the presentation i think it is...and there is a sign there done in grafity that looks pretty class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I'm all for creative, colourful grafitti, and it looks like the stuff on the Dock Road falls into that category. Sure beats the usual "INSERT LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN'S NAME HERE is a Rat" or R.I.R.A. you see scrawled elsewhere in the city.

Speaking of childish grafitti, this just in from the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsbeat/newsid_7961000/7961224.stm

ROFL! :D

That guy must have been so bored.

Advertisement