Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19v Charger for Toshiba Laptop(or universal)

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Anyone know where i could get one of these in a Galway shop. I need one urgently and pc world are charging crazy money for it. Anyone know where one might be found or have one they don't need for €'s.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I got a universal one in maplin last week for 58 euro. I've an HP laptop - 90W 19V is what it needs.

(laptop adapter was on its way out and went completely caputski the morning of my driver theory test!! I hadn't finished studying with the CD! eeek)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Currys, Maplin, PC world. Maybe the electrical shops.
    You'll find that chargers are expensive everywhere unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Would not mind spending under €60 for one but Maplins had only €90 ones left. He mentioned the €58 one's but were out of stock. PC World and Currys are €100+ for one. So i guess i was just hoping someone out there had one they didn't want or like Xiney got one cheap somewhere. :confused:

I might have one extra lying around somewhere. Will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had to resort to fleabay to get the right one for mine.

Is your power supply lost or broken? The guy who does the phone repairs over the Joke Shop on Shop Street repaired one for me before.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fey. I think I might have to do that if I have no luck. It is broken beyond repair. Biko might pull through for me though:)

What's the model name,number of your laptop (Equium M40x-103 EN, PSM4ZE-003003AB, etc); it's on the bottom of your laptop. Also, what is the model number of the power supply (SADP-65KB B, etc) along with input (100-240V~1.5A(1,5A) 50-60Hz, etc) and output (19V=3.42A(3,42A), etc).

If they match up with the above, I can lend you mine so that you can at least back up files until you get a full time power supply. PM me if need be.

Found the old universal charger and it can be set for 19V BUT...
    it has a connector for IBM Thinkpad.
    Don't think it will work with Toshiba.

I don't need to back up files Fey but thank you very much for the offer. The model of charger is the SADP-65KB B. Biko, Any chance i could meet you to try it? I am in the city.

There are 61 of them here from €10.65 + postage upwards, nearly all in UK.

Ebay list of Toshiba '65KB' chargers.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: some of those on the list end in a letter other than "B"; it could be a slightly different fitting or power output.
    This one for €10.65 (£9) has postage of £12 (€14.20), but appears to be the right one. It would be costing you (delivered) €24.85, which would be chaper than a minimum repair (€25, IIRC). The sellers feedback looks to be quite good, too.

I have NO connection with any of the sellers.

• Advertisement

@Biko. I have different ends for a universal 12v charger. Maybe they would work with yours:confused::confused:

Yeah maybe The one I have is TPA90DC
    You can see the connection in that pdf

I enclosed a photo of the connector, as you can see it's slightly rounded inside one end.

I think that could work. ( At least i hope ) I will pm you my number and if you are available anytime to check it let me know. Is this a spare you have Biko that you will let go for a small fee if it works. I won't have any internet after 6 bells.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Im not sure about the proper voltage but Dunnes out in Briarhill have a universal laptop charger,for €60 afaik.....hope this helps! :)

I'll text you Billy, might be in town anyway tonight for a few brews.

Thanks to Biko for sorting me out with a charger. It works perfect. Also thanks to everyone else that tried to help me out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement