Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

stupid contract cards..i'm gettign a crap load every time..
    Was so bad i had gold contact cards and all my players were on 30 game contracts..

Im the same, getting loads of contract cards aswell. I've gotten about 5 gold packs and all i get is a good centre back and a right back. :mad:
    I still have no centre mid and centre forward :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

are u guys buying the gold packs with real money or virtual coins?

4real wrote: »

I've bought 2 gold packs but mainly used my coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

4real wrote: »

Oh you can actually purchase the packs too - I thought it was about the coins... :rolleyes:

How much does it cost to buy a gold pack then? Euro equivalent?

thewools wrote: »
    Oh you can actually purchase the packs too - I thought it was about the coins... :rolleyes:

How much does it cost to buy a gold pack then? Euro equivalent?

I bought 2,100 points for about €23 so

Gold = 80 points (About 90 cent)
    Siliver = 40 points (About 45 cent)
    Bronze = 20 points (About 22 cent)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Yeah, you can get them on Ebay fairly cheap.

Gonna grab this and Banjo Kazooie soon, the Demo was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Reganovski wrote: »
    Im the same, getting loads of contract cards aswell. I've gotten about 5 gold packs and all i get is a good centre back and a right back. :mad:
    I still have no centre mid and centre forward :-(

no but ive come across one dope who had his created player maximum height and maximum weight. like a ****in monster going around the pitch.

is there anyway to set the trade section to show the auctions that are finishing soonest.
    ive stumbled across a nice few bargains with 1m or 2mins left and got them for the starting price 150 or 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Irish Iron wrote: »
    is there anyway to set the trade section to show the auctions that are finishing soonest.

Nope. If you think about it, there would just be loads of people searching for ones ending in the next couple of mins, and a massive amount of last min bids. You could bid with 1min left and have 10 bids after you, because everyone would be seeing the same players.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

but the search engine is not working properly coz there r too many days left

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no but ive come across one dope who had his created player maximum height and maximum weight. like a ****in monster going around the pitch.

that's class dude..trying to get an image of what he looked like and it's not good :D

• Advertisement

that's class dude..trying to get an image of what he looked like and it's not good :D

picture a massive abel xavier.. with a bigger white afro and bigger white beard.
    abel_xavier3.jpg

I did that by accident, 6ft. 9 beast. Think Kevin Nash playing up front

Starting to get into the game now.
    Originally going for the real high stats guys until I copped that chemistry is far more important.
    Now settling for a 4-4-2 formation composed of Brazilian defenders and english midfielders and strikers.
    Bit the bullet and sold Ibramhovic.. got 30K for him :D
    That enabled me to buy Scot Parker and Reo Croker and still have 18K left. Good deal.
    Getting Defoe/Paul Robinson in the same gold pack really helped as well :D

Is Chemistry really that much better than players. Have a fairly awful team (but just started today) and have been looking for better players, not chemistry

Also, how do you use the in game cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

ive downloaded it, how do i start playing it?

pool fan wrote: »
    ive downloaded it, how do i start playing it?

christ ..:( where to start :confused:

get your team up and running.
    For the moment for your existing players stick to the most common formation and to the same nationality...eg 4-4-2 and english.
    If you look at your players you'll only see stats for 6 (i think) pace/dribbling/shooting/crossing/heading/defending.
    Have high chemistry gives massive bonuses to your team's stats and can bring a silver card player upto gold player stats.
    You could have the 11 best players in the world but their chemistry will be crap and you'll probably be beaten by a lower stat team who have better chemistry..that's why you see all the players like Messi/Ibhramovich etc for sale..and read the tutorials ..they can save you a lot of heartache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

hi thanks for reply,im going to spend bit of time tomorrow evening going through it,looks fairly detailed at first glance.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Also, how do you use the in game cards?

you use the select key+ d pad for picking whic one..within the cards option you'll see the association for it one..
    for the ps3 it's as awkward as fcuk.

you use the select key+ d pad for picking whic one..within the cards option you'll see the association for it one..
    for the ps3 it's as awkward as fcuk.

Just another thing on this, be sure to time it well. Some cards only apply to one player. As in, if you play the cross boost card when your center back has the ball, his crossing will be increased which is basically useless.

Its awkward. I usually don't use them unless I'm getting rode by a 99 Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Got this over the weekend it is very good almost like a brand new game for a tenner or so:D:D

So how much do players go for generally then? The best I have for sale is Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Almunia and Frank Lampard anyone know what they should go for?

Is there any quicker way to earn coins than the 500 or so you get for playing the games~?

I have the following cards for trade if anyones intrested:

John Terry (84) - Looking for Sergio Ramos
    John Arne Riise (82) - Looking for Capdevila (Sp?) (Villarreal LB)
    John Carew (81) - Open to offers
    David Bently (79) - Open to offers

EDIT: Sold Keane

hmm John Terry...
    at this stage I've nearly the entire english squad...I'm ashamed of myself...a true born irish man :pac:

I have the following cards for trade if anyones intrested:

John Terry (84) - Looking for Sergio Ramos
    Robbie Keane (84) - Looking for Van Nistelrooy
    John Arne Riise (82) - Looking for Capdevila (Sp?) (Villarreal LB)
    John Carew (81) - Open to offers
    David Bently (79) - Open to offers

are either bentley or carew 442??
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

How much for Bentley, G?

My chemistry is much still - havent focused on it yet. Have only played ~15 games so far and have no superstars on my team yet! Although my created player is getting there :D

Have won most of my games (team now 3.5stars) and have used some of the gamecards wisely - the acceleration boost helped alot!

Really need to get a Ronaldo / Messi etc in one of my packs and sell them off to fund my team! They hard to find??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

thewools wrote: »
    Really need to get a Ronaldo / Messi etc in one of my packs and sell them off to fund my team! They hard to find??

Yes, very! I did manage to fluke Ronaldinho and Anelka out of one pack before, but then it was back to nearly all silver cards from gold packs! :pac:

Am starting to get the hang of this and have got 95 chemistry but no team depth ATM. Will consider any 4-3-3 cards people have atm bar keeper

Really have to look at getting my chemistry going soon though - but does it make a big difference really? If you have the players and are pretty decent at the game does it matter much??

Is there a list anywhere listing preffered formations of each players etc anywhere?

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Will consider any 4-4-3 cards people have atm bar keeper

Plan on using 12 men???? :D:D:D

No wonder I am getting beat alot!! :D:D

Advertisement