Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.tradingpost-appliances.co.uk AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 19-03-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey,

Bought my Baumatic washer/dryer from these guys 6 months ago. It's broke and needs a new logic board.

www.tradingpost-appliances.co.uk are now telling me anything they sell outside the UK is not covered. Also Baumatic are not covering me either because I bought it in the UK but reside in Ireland.

I've told them that its being referred to the european consumer dept, but they basically don't care!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts/ideas on fixing the washer/dryer or the guarentee would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hey Bob,

Give these folks a call: European Consumer Centre Ireland http://www.eccdublin.ie/, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to help you with this.

S.

Some info from Tradingposts T&C's:
    Product Guarantee (non-UK):

Please be aware that all non-UK deliveries are assumed to be trade business-to-business transactions with the responsibility of checking relevant destination guarantees being the duty of the purchaser.

In the event of warranted goods being covered by manufacturer guarantee at the destination but beyond economical repair we would exchange these goods within the guarantee period provided the faulty goods were returned to us and the replacement goods collected or transport of the goods arranged by the purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

Hey Spocker,

Thanks for the help, mush appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

1. Baumatic state it on their guarentee that it's only good for UK, but that they can sort it out for you if your in Ireland, if they wish! Currently, they don't want to!
    2. tradingpost-appliances.co.uk told me that they don't state it anywhere, but they say, if you would have asked them, they would have told you.

So it seems that, tradingpost will take the item back, if your guarentee with the manufacture is valid, but as stated, baumatic refuse to playball!!!!

Am I right in thinking that tradingpost-appliances.co.uk can put whatever conditions they want in their contracts, but essential they will be overridden by Europen Consumer Centre laws!!!!

PS. I have been onto the Europen Consumer Centre and have the wheels in motion (step1, sending official letter to tradingpost-appliances.co.uk and waiting 28 days)

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

jinx9000 wrote: »
    Hey Spocker,

1. Baumatic state it on their guarentee that it's only good for UK, but that they can sort it out for you if your in Ireland, if they wish! Currently, they don't want to!
    2. tradingpost-appliances.co.uk told me that they don't state it anywhere, but they say, if you would have asked them, they would have told you.

So it seems that, tradingpost will take the item back, if your guarentee with the manufacture is valid, but as stated, baumatic refuse to playball!!!!

Am I right in thinking that tradingpost-appliances.co.uk can put whatever conditions they want in their contracts, but essential they will be overridden by Europen Consumer Centre laws!!!!

PS. I have been onto the Europen Consumer Centre and have the wheels in motion (step1, sending official letter to tradingpost-appliances.co.uk and waiting 28 days)

I'm not quite sure how it works on the European level, but I'm pretty sure tradingpost are the people who need to handle your complaint, as they are the retailer in this case. Thats where the ECC come in - keep us updated on that one....

Regarding Baumatics guarantee, what does it say on the paperwork you have - does the documentation say UK only or European?. Again I'm not sure on the European level, but AFAIK theres a minimum implied warranty period of 1 year ("fit for purpose" and all that) under Irish law; again the ECC are the best folks for this.

It does mean you're without your appliance for at least a month though, while you wait for the paperwork to go through the system....

Baumatic state that it only covers the UK, but that they can cover you outside the UK, at their discretion!

I've already paid €80 for callout guy to see whats wrong, he seemed to know his stuff and reckons logic board, but could be motor also, so would need all these parts to really see what exactly went wrong and then send back ones he doesn't need!

logic board will cost me €180 plus labour (10 days to get this in from Italy)........i'd love to just sent the baumatuic back and get someit relaiable, as confidenece in this brand is kinda low. Tiny kitchen, so had to go for the combo!!!!!!!! 6 months guarentee on the new parts!

I shall definelty keep you posted..........i'm hoping this will be real bread and butter stuff for the ECC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

I've already paid €80 for callout guy to see whats wrong, he seemed to know his stuff and reckons logic board, but could be motor also, so would need all these parts to really see what exactly went wrong and then send back ones he doesn't need!

your gaurantee is null and void as you got an unapproved guy to work on your machine -the guy who came to look at the washer cant be that good as he doesnt know if the motor is gone ? this is a simple test that can be done and really is basic stuff - i think your repair man might not know his stuff -

post the symtoms of your machine ,what its doing or not doing

• Advertisement

the repair guy is from the offical baumatic guys in ireland (KAD)..........if i had of been covered, it is the same company who would have been used!!!!

washer essentially won't start, can here something starting up, but then it just finishes, and thats it!!!!!

PS. i only called the guy out, asfter I was told they were not covering me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

the repair guy is from the offical baumatic guys in ireland (KAD)..........if i had of been covered, it is the same company who would have been used!!!!

washer essentially won't start, can here something starting up, but then it just finishes, and thats it!!!!!

PS. i only called the guy out, asfter I was told they were not covering me!

2 things wrong here - if he was from the official service partners he would have access to both these parts without having to ship from italy -most service agents carry a complete stock of spares ,most defo programme boards and motors

and secondly he should be able to identify which part is gone with a meter and not guess that it might be the motor or might be the board (two diff functions ) i would guess he isnt a trained service engineer but a contracted in repair man -

he got 80 euro so he is happy -

i'm afraid were viering into a different issue now.........and TBH, I'd rather deal with the root casue of all this i.e. my consumer rights being swindled because companies are feeling the economic pinch!!!!!

I shall report back once all this sorry mess is over!

http://www.eccireland.ie/topics/buyinggoodsandservices/163.html

A common set of consumer rights for consumers are valid no matter where in the EU the goods are purchased, which are enforceable for at least 2 years from delivery of the goods. In Ireland, there is limitation period of 6 years within which a consumer can bring an action against a trader.

UPDATE: out of the blue, with no correspondence a motor and pcb braod appear at my door from trading-appliances.

the company who I had gotten to get me the parts are now going mad, because they have them on order (although, TBH, they made a mistake and forgot to order them after me waiting two weeks, so i'm not really bothered)......it's been 3 weeks now and they still don't have them!

i still have to pay for the install, beacsue trading-post have still not supplied a guarentee number to me for the irish rep who works for them, nor have they informed that company either!

*********still going to the european consumer centre with this *********

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

There is a consumer issues forum on boards, some of the contributors there may be able to throw some add. light

• Advertisement
Advertisement