Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I keep my BT Voyager 210

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

I'm switching provider, Does the voyager modem belong to BT (and I have to send it back) or can I keep it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

keep it.

i've two from BT.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

why would you want to keep it,? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Because it's a handy little piece of kit, even as a spare [says the guy doing exactly that]

Technically BT want them back but i don't think thay actuall persure getting it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

2110 modem isn't that bad tho :)

Has a broadcom chipset. There could be *wrt hope for it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

johnciall wrote: »
    Because it's a handy little piece of kit, even as a spare [says the guy doing exactly that]

Technically BT want them back but i don't think thay actuall persure getting it
    BT won't ask for it back, it's your router now so you can take it elsewhere if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Cool thanks for the replies, I'm switching to Imagine and keeping the old rather than buying / paying rent on a new.

One presumes it can be used with a different provider...?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

It can indeed be used with a different provider, in fact i used my old Voyager 210 on my new imagine DSL line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have 2 Zyxel modems that I got from BT, and they never asked for either of these back. All the DSL is the same too, so it should work fine, just change to the new username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Thanks everyone - very useful info.

Advertisement