Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones (St.David's Car Boot Sale)

Options
  • 19-03-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi - Anybody have any info as to when this is on - day of week, times and contact details. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moving to the Greystones forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Ground Hog wrote: »
    Hi - Anybody have any info as to when this is on - day of week, times and contact details. Thanks. :)

29th March
    26th April
    10th May
    24th May
    7th June
    21st June
    5th July
    19th July
    2nd August
    16th August
    30th August
    13th Sept
    27th Sept

9am-3pm Cars €12 Vans €25. Gates open at 7.30 am for sellers;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 prendema

What's the turn out normally like for it? Thinking of heading along on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

prendema wrote: »
    What's the turn out normally like for it? Thinking of heading along on Sunday.
    Usually very good turnout,though there might be another booty on in Dunlaoghaire same day or in Glenealy.If the weather is good it usually gets full very quickly with sellers so best be early,may be a bit slow 1st thing but gets better when masses finish:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 prendema

Thanks! Think we will head out on Sunday bright and early. With a baby on the way I need to cull and create room in the house. Sadly my handbags have been nominated for the chop! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Anyone know when this is on nowadays, and if you have to book or just turn up to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Anyone know when this is on nowadays, and if you have to book or just turn up to sell?

There is a calendar of dates here, Every second Sunday during the summer. First come basis for sellers pay on the day.
    http://www.greystonesguide.com/page/page/5783966.htm

Thanks, pixbyjohn - it doesn't seem to cover July...? Oh, wait, I'm wrong; it said 'June' when I went in first, but now has 'July'.

Anyone know what time is the earliest to leave with your car? (For instance, in Tallaght you can't leave until 1pm, because it would be dangerous to have cars driving through the crowds and stalls.)

Open to the public from 9am to 3pm. Gates open to sellers from 7.30am. Proceeds from space rental go to St. David’s School. Your support is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Thanks, pixbyjohn - it doesn't seem to cover July...? Oh, wait, I'm wrong; it said 'June' when I went in first, but now has 'July'.

Anyone know what time is the earliest to leave with your car? (For instance, in Tallaght you can't leave until 1pm, because it would be dangerous to have cars driving through the crowds and stalls.)

my mum did the last one and it was after 2 before she could move her car

• Advertisement

What a great fundraising idea!

By the way, the Tallaght security guys warned us last week not to change €50 notes; there was also a certain amount of alleged stealing going on, and kids climbing into cars to take anything of value - or so they warned. But maybe Tallaght is more of a Wild West scene (though any of the stallholders I've talked to there have been lovely).

I don't know if it's the recession biting, but last week people were largely keeping their hands in their pockets. I like selling - used to sell years ago in the Dandelion - and see it as a chance for a chat, but a lot of people were morose and "I'm just browsing" (what the heck were they doing in a market where most things are only a couple of euro in that case?) last week, and there was a kind of surly atmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mckazzie

Just wondering about the 2012 dates for St. David's.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Car Boot Sale dates for 2012:

March 11th and 25th

April 22nd

May 6th and 20th

June 3rd and 17th

July 1st, 15th and 29th

August 12th and 26th

September 9th and 23rd

Google is your friend ;)

Ground Hog wrote: »

It is usually on every second Sunday during the Summer. First one won't be til after Easter I think. Just give the school a ring and they will let you know the dates.
    Edit
    Dubsgirl beat me to it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jm84

Hi, just wondering from a sellers p.o.v what time is best to turn up to sell?! I know the gates open at 7.30 but I've heard of people queuing!!! anyone any experience of selling here?!
    Selling on behalf of the local rollerderby team (East Coast Cyclones) as a fundraiser!!!

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi . . People are beginning to queue from 4.30am and there were reports that they had to turn away 20 cars last time because they were full . . And some of those had being queuing since 6.30am . . You can't book a space but if you do get in its a great sale . . Loads of buyers . . Have sold there number of times . , but be aware that there are no toilets on site and it's a bit of a walk to nearest one . . Always good to have at least 2 of you on stall so that one of you can go off and take a break . . They also don't hire tables so bring your own . . There is usually someone or a few people selling food and drink but not always so bring supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

one hundred and seventy two euro made there today - thanks everyone, it was such fun too, twino and i really enjoyed it very much.
    thanks to the young girl beside us who helped us pack as it began to rain just before lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi Treecreaper, can I ask what time did u have to start queing to get in there at? I am thinking of doing it there for the next one as I have loads of Maternity & baby girls and boys clothes to sell and just want them out of the house at this stage. Is it worth the early start or do people just potter around looking? Thanks for any advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

left the house at 6.10 and it took us five minutes to get there. there were about 10/15 cars ahead, remember Tivoli road had car boot today and others said that because of this, fewer would be at st. davids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but what is the car boot like these days for sellers? what time would you have to get there at? Is there loads of people that attend? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Did you read the thread? The few posts above state the time to be there....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Thanks for taking the time to post a smart arse response. Those posts are from last year and things have changed such as parking etc in the area.

Anytime I have been around the seafront on a carboot Sunday the place is usually packed. Cars parked on the cycle lanes and footpaths. Inside the place is usually buzzing with buyers and sellers plus browsers. If you are a seller I would advise being there at 7 am at the latest. If you are just browsing or buying get there at about 9-9.30 am. to get a bargain!
    Enjoy the experience.
    Look here >>> http://www.stdavids.ie/2011/06/st-davids-school-car-boot-sale/

Thanks for taking the time to post a smart arse response. Those posts are from last year and things have changed such as parking etc in the area.
    Wow, settle down there. See smiley after my comment.

a) Be there by 6:30. Even if you go at 6am there will be 10 cars in front to get the prime positions!
    b) Its a great way to get rid of stuff. We made 180 Euro last time there, came in handy.
    c) It can be very busy depending on weather of course.
    d) with the restricted parking, if just visiting, there's lots of parking around by the Garda station.
    e) There are no toilets, so you need somebody with ya to take breaks when needed.

Wow, settle down there. See smiley after my comment.

a) Be there by 6:30. Even if you go at 6am there will be 10 cars in front to get the prime positions!
    b) Its a great way to get rid of stuff. We made 180 Euro last time there, came in handy.
    c) It can be very busy depending on weather of course.
    d) with the restricted parking, if just visiting, there's lots of parking around by the Garda station.
    e) There are no toilets, so you need somebody with ya to take breaks when needed.

Now thats the way you should have answered the question at first attempt :D:D;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Now thats the way you should have answered the question at first attempt :D:D;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yes, I'm suitably admonished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Is the car boot sale on this weekend? And If so what day? Thanks.

Blingy wrote: »
    Is the car boot sale on this weekend? And If so what day? Thanks.

http://www.stdavids.ie/2011/06/st-davids-school-car-boot-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 olena777

Hi, anybody knows dates for 2016 car boot sale ( st davids school)?

• Advertisement

olena777 wrote: »
    Hi, anybody knows dates for 2016 car boot sale ( st davids school)?
    I thought they are not holding the car boot sales this year. I might be wrong but it was said at the end of last year's sale that it was finished.

Advertisement