Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Flannery

Options
  • 19-03-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Never heard of him till the Meteor's last night where he won best Irish male. Looked him up on youtube last night and have to say I'm very impressed. Notice not many gigs on his website 4 or 5 a month, I expect that calender to be booked out now! Anyone listen to him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gowayyalanger

I'm a fan. Mick has released 2 great albums. Evening Train, his first is one of my favourites. I haven't seen him live yet but he was on 'Other Voices' on tv and was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

yep, he's good. Have his 2 albums. Sounds like he's been around for ever but only a young fella. Well recommended. Saw him in the ha'penny bridge inn a few years ago and the button factory recently. great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jimmyc06

think he's in the accoustic club in the gleneagle hotel killarney one of these weekends, still tickets on sale I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I really like his stuff.
    Saw him live in Limerick last month & it was very good.
    His voice reminds me of Tom Waite's slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

saw him in mallow in the lodge, a great venue. have to say his first album is by far and away my favourite. second ones great but, the storyline in the first, how every song continues from the next (in a story sense) but musically is so different. take it on the chin has some savage lyrics too, could picture snoop dogg doing yer man Rays lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement