Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to wow need help!!!

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

HI guys been playing wow a couple months now am a level 80 gnome lock gear isnt to bad but want to be able to get the best out of my lock im using aff spec which im liking but unsure if im using it properely in on auchindoun server alliance can anyone give me some tips/help on how to play him. Thanks.

Regards
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Post a link to your character in the armory, and we can advise you from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

MOAR DOTS !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

As useful as this forum can be for WOW stuff, class questions will be answered infinitely better here http://elitistjerks.com/f80/

Even just reading what's already there will give you any info you could possibly need. And if you cant find the answer to something ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 womping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

This site is great loads of stuff about affliction specc on it

http://wowmb.net/

• Advertisement

Hey man I'm pretty sure I levelled a bit with you around lvl 48-55. I was a paladin called Rojadin. Good to see you've hit 80 m8! Grats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

You have to be a little more specific, what do you need help with? PVP or PVE? Whats the problem you're having? You're armoury is showing your pvp set so isn't much good if you need help with your PVE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 womping

Hey Roj man thanks how have you been doing? . Hope all is good. Hey shoes need help for like doing raids im not sure what way to have my gear and what spec . When im in raid eg VOA ive people saying i have low dps and spellpower is low . Anyway of helping? . Would be very greatfull .

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

For a start I would get rid of both trinkets you are using (the + int, mana regen)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

from the little i know about spell penetration its a lot of **** and you shouldn't gem it. perhaps somone more knowledgeable about caster mechanics can elaborate or perhaps there have been some changes i am unaware of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

afaik spellpen is useless in pve but can be godly in pvp, but i could be wrong and more then likely am. From your armory i can tell you need to start running some heroics and even buy some crafted epics from a tailor or even some boe epics from naxx 10 and 25, but expect to pay a **** load from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

As has been said already Spell Penetration is almost useless for raiding.

First thing you need to do is get hit capped, until you are hit capped Spell Hit is far and above your most valuable stat.

You will need to have 17% hit to take misses of the table against Raid Bosses. Until you achieve this you can expect your DPS to be pretty poor. 3% will come from a shadow priest/oomkin in the raid, 1% will come from the draenei racial as you are alliance.

So you need to make up the other 12% with your gear/talents.

So get hit enchants/hit gems/hit gear. Replace your trinkets fast, get the Mark of the War Prisoner from Violet Hold HC, it's a huge contribution to your hit.

Just remember that as good a stat as hit is, it becomes completely useless once you are capped so don't go overboard.

Advertisement