Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotism

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know people who do this in the Galway area? Even people learning to practice would be even better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No, but I have some swamp land you may be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, there was an ad in Advertiser. Stop smoking with hypnosis.

Quick google. Btw, I don't know if this stuff works or not.
    Resolve to kick bad habits, try hypnosis
    Galway people frustrated at failing at New Year's resolutions to give up smoking or lose weight etc are being invited to try hypnosis.
    Hypnosis is special type of guided relaxation in which the inner subconscious mind can be accessed. In this state, the sub-conscious mind is very open to suggestions, which have a powerful lasting effect. It is useful for changing limiting habits and beliefs. Smoking, overeating, fear of public presentation etc can be dealt with.
    Emotional Freedom Techniques [EFT for short] is the stimulation of well-established energy meridians by gentle tapping. The theory is that the cause of all negative emotion is a disruption of the body's energy system.
    Frances Geoghegan runs the Astra Hypnotherapy Clinic in Renmore and is a member of the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy and a Certified EFT Practitioner. For more information, phone 087-2836063.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

biko wrote: »
    Yes, there was an ad in Advertiser. Stop smoking with hypnosis.

Is that the lad with the long hair and bald top on him with the photo of the baby and the woman with the blacked out eyes? He freaks the crap outta me and has appeared in the odd nightmare. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cloncorick

at Aquarius Health Clinic, The Crescent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Funny enough my G.P does it, as well as acupuncture!
    Dr Patrick Harrold, barna above the dentist and the pharmacy
    lovely man and they except medical cards if you have one,
    he hypnotised my daughter for a fear of needles and it worked very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is that the lad with the long hair and bald top on him with the photo of the baby and the woman with the blacked out eyes? He freaks the crap outta me and has appeared in the odd nightmare. :)

The woman in those pictures is actually his wife and not just a random 'satisfied customer'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Big weird eyebrows I tell ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Foxerella

Used a guy called Joe Thornton before. Found him amazing.
    http://www.visualisationinaction.com

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The woman in those pictures is actually his wife and not just a random 'satisfied customer'.

His ex-wife apparently, which is why he now has to blank out her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Foxerella

Das Kitty wrote: »
    His ex-wife apparently, which is why he now has to blank out her face.

Is that the guy who wages WAR on fat and WAR on smoking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 99cone

im looking for a good hypnotist in the dublin area dublin south would be even better can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

99cone wrote: »
    im looking for a good hypnotist in the dublin area dublin south would be even better can anyone help

Sorry, we only do Dublin West in this forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm pretty sure there's a active group of people in the magic forum that actually practice hypnotism. It sounds more like you want to be able to hypnotize people more than get hypnotized.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Funny enough my G.P does it, as well as acupuncture!
    Dr Patrick Harrold, barna above the dentist and the pharmacy
    lovely man and they except medical cards if you have one,
    he hypnotised my daughter for a fear of needles and it worked very well
    Accupuncture? Next thing you know you'll be telling me he does homeopathy...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Accupuncture? Next thing you know you'll be telling me he does homeopathy...

And yet the water never seems to remember anything bad like say, human waste, that it may retain a memory of...

Advertisement