Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King's Bounty: The Legend

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

After finishing Fallout 3 (for now) I'm in the mood for another RPG but I need to stay the hell away from WoW. I've been thinking of King's Bounty: The Legend, it got good reviews before Christmas last. Has anyone tried it, is it worth a purchase? It's either that or The Witcher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Hey,
    I got the game a few weeks ago after reading good reviews.

The game is not really an rpg like the witcher or fallout, you control a hero who can walk around doing quests but anytime you go into combat it turns into a turn based strategy game with 2 sides each having a number of pieces/soldiers. You never actually fight yourself just buy a number of npcs to fight for you varying from archers to plants etc. You can cast spells on units to effect the battle.

Graphics are cartooney but pleasing to look at. The story and quests are pretty generic rpg fantasy style.

It can be pretty addictive and i had fun while i played, havent played it in a while though.

Gripes about the game are theres no like auto-resolve button so you have to go through every turn until a fight finishes, you can let the computer do this for you but it still takes the same amount of time. Also the zones has mobs that vary greatly in difficulty.

As regards the witcher, it is more of a proper rpg like oblivion(without the fps style combat) and a more has immersive world and nicer graphics. I heard they sorted out the massive load times which would be a big plus.

Personally i preferred the witcher. Although neither games are the best rpgs ever, i had fun playing both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

If you've not played Mass Effect I'd buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Spunge wrote: »
    Personally i preferred the witcher. Although neither games are the best rpgs ever, i had fun playing both.
    If you've not played Mass Effect I'd buy that.

Thanks for the input lads. I've actually played most rpgs, I'm a big fan of the genre. I haven't heard much about King's Bounty since I read reviews before Christmas so that's why I asked here about it. I've heard loads about The Witcher, which (whicher? :)) is why I was trying to decide between both.

I actually didn't really like Mass Effect...

*Equips anti-flame suit*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I actually didn't really like Mass Effect...
    *Equips anti-flame suit*
    :eek: *Whips out flame thrower.*

Advertisement