Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretching, varying shop policies

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

When I originally got my ears stretched I didn't know any better and paid €90 to get my ears pierced at 3.2mm.

If I had known any better at the time I would have just purchased 2.4mm barbells and put them in myself. My lobes were already pierced.

When I finally got into stretching them I moved to France, the local shop's policy was if you buy the jewellery you get em stretched for free. Sounded fine to me. €20 and you're up a size.

Studios have varying policies it seems here. I've been told on good authority that a shop down the south of ireland gives you free jewellery but charges you €35 for the stretching.

What are the other studio's policies that you've come across?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've never gotten my ears stretched at a shop but I had my septum stretched by a piercer once- I paid for the jewellery and she stretched the piercing for free. But this was possibly because I was a regular at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Around €10 or €20 a stretch is generally what I've heard of/know of.

€90 is outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Gauge wrote: »
    I've never gotten my ears stretched at a shop but I had my septum stretched by a piercer once- I paid for the jewellery and she stretched the piercing for free. But this was possibly because I was a regular at the time.
    septum stretching sucks.

I never once paid for a stretch, but I think most charge a fee of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

when i used to buy plugs in shops, i'd just ask them to pop 'em in for me and i haven't come across someone who charged me extra for it :)
    just stretch em myself now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

€90?! :eek:
    Bloody hell, that is madness.

These days everywhere its buy the plugs and they stretch for free right?

I went up to 9mm on my right ear (again:rolleyes:) the other day, for a tenner, in connected, what used to be Zulu. The place is great, clean, friendly staff, from what i've heard, the piercer is great, use to be the one who'd fix the fcuk ups from MM.
    Rakan, who as far as i know is still in training, stretched my lobe for me, was carefull and friendly, as per ussual.

Reccomend at least having a look in there.

Jesus, it sounds like i'm working there. haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jesus, it sounds like i'm working there. haha

Are you?????!?!?!?!!!???
    ¬_¬

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I think the piercer is justified in charging a small fee if they're going to the trouble of using their own supplies/autoclaved tools/time for stretching. But nothing extortionate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I went up to 9mm a few weeks ago, bought nice hefty tunnels in Snakebite €40 and they popped them in for free....

While I was in there I spur of the moment decided to buy jewellery for the rest of my many holes, some of which were partially if not fully closed, and he put them all in for me for free.....and also swapped some discouloured ones and changed the bar length on a couple all for free!! :) Happy Days! (Have lost some already though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I buy my own jewellery else where, piercer charges me a 10er to taper the ears up a size and puts in the new plugs, i think a small price is reasonable as the guy has to make a living .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Wildcat are great for this. As long as I've been going there (which is about 5yrs now I think, going on 6) they will stretch you up for free with a jewellery purchase, and considering the prices of their jewellery, it's well worth it I would say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

Yup, I went from 2mm to 3.2mm on my nipple a while back and Wildcat gave me free stretches as long as I bought their jewelery

EDIT: Just thinking about that and it didn't make sense; I'm at 3.2mm, not 4mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

:eek:

2 - 4mm jump on the nipple ;_; owww

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

well, over 2 stretches. I do value my flesh.... somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ah ok, my face just went :eek: when I read it

Was in Snakebite at the weekend, and was talking about the possibility of gettin a lobe piercing at 6mm. They were saying that the lobe isn't really suitable for the dermal punch method, and what they would do is pierce at a reasonably large size, and do a "controlled tear" on it.

So tempted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

Was in Snakebite at the weekend, and was talking about the possibility of gettin a lobe piercing at 6mm. They were saying that the lobe isn't really suitable for the dermal punch method, and what they would do is pierce at a reasonably large size, and do a "controlled tear" on it.

So tempted...

The lobe is the MOST suitable body part for dermal punching!! I don't understand their logic on this one??? At Wildcat we will either do a punch or a cheaper option is 3.2 piercing with one stretch to 4mm..... :)

Well wasn't the piercer I was talking to about it, so who knows!
    Still gonna be going with them though, sorry ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I've such an urge over the last month to get something inked or pierced/stretched...seriously starting to get to me :(

Tell me about it Raze, I was in talking to them about designing a tattoo for me, and then mentioning that I'm thinking of getting a small lobe tunnel done, and increasing the gauge of my other piercing too :D

Advertisement