Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas?

• 19-03-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

How to survive in Carlow without a job?anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Go on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Chenglin

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Go on the dole.
    have to wait for years to get the unemployment benefit.Any way making cash by selling some stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

If you're any good at diy / gardening do up a good leaflet along with a fixed price details for small jobs such as fence painting, garden maintenance, small hosue jobs etc etc.

Post it into a range of hosues - particularly the more mature estates (mortgages low or paid off) and see if anything comes.

Most people have the impression that if they call someone, then they'll be ripped off, by putting your prices up front it will probably get a bit more notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

there's a vacancy in the shop by superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

darc wrote: »
    If you're any good at diy / gardening do up a good leaflet along with a fixed price details for small jobs such as fence painting, garden maintenance, small hosue jobs etc etc.

Post it into a range of hosues - particularly the more mature estates (mortgages low or paid off) and see if anything comes.

Most people have the impression that if they call someone, then they'll be ripped off, by putting your prices up front it will probably get a bit more notice.

Great idea, especially with the summer coming in. Only problem is everything costs money to start off.

• Advertisement

agree with shenanigans1982.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Chenglin wrote: »
    agree with shenanigans1982.

well what are your strong points, entreprenuership would be the way to go but you'll need to know your strong points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

How to survive in Carlow without a job?anyone any ideas?
    get a gun. sell your body to the night. how does that sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Great idea, especially with the summer coming in. Only problem is everything costs money to start off.

Most houses would have garden tools & you simply agree to provide yourself as the workhorse.

I had painters in a while ago & they gave me a list of paint to get. They came with just their brushes.

Another option is to get 4/5 mates together and offer a lealet delivery service to retailers / restaurants / taxi services in the town @ approx. €60 per thousand.

darc wrote: »
    Most houses would have garden tools & you simply agree to provide yourself as the workhorse.

I had painters in a while ago & they gave me a list of paint to get. They came with just their brushes.

Another option is to get 4/5 mates together and offer a lealet delivery service to retailers / restaurants / taxi services in the town @ approx. €60 per thousand.
    Uh.........
    thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

Darc is right about gardening. I have been looking for someone to do my garden for the past 2 months. The well established gardeners are to busy to do anything for me, or the charge an arm or a leg. The younger people dont want to do this manual work. So gardening would be the way to go.

what you looking to get done? might be interested in a nixer?

manual work,sound interesting!

aynon wrote: »
    what you looking to get done? might be interested in a nixer?

I need a good bit of weeding done nearly an acre, also trees and shrubs cut back. A few more odds and ends as well. Not an easy job, I a hard task master lol.

might take a look at it, would that be ok. need to subsidize college.... would that be ok?

might take a look at it, would that be ok. need to subsidize college.... would that be ok?

Send me a pm

Send me a pm
    sending now.

Good luck,lads.

sorry didnt meant to derail your thread, but if it makes you feel any better, i havent heard back yet/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

How to survive in Carlow without a job = Ivy Rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

How to survive in Carlow without a job = Ivy Rooms.

which is gone now to out beside the dome

i thought they were still up there. last i past the doors were open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

i thought they were still up there. last i past the doors were open.

nope they opened out there moday last
    now im stopping re the ivy rooms enough topics derailed here;)

might be time to get a business off the ground.
    any one out there we can pimp?
    or any one who wants to bury their granny?

two things that are recession proof- death and sex.

I would not like to be going into business with you aynon. You not very good with your word.

sorry, car ran out of petrol didnt have enough money to put any in.

you around tomorrow? say in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Come on guys let's stick to the subject topic and keep conversations to pm's.

Thanks

sorwey dan. *puppy dog eyes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

seriously??? What is the point of that post? You come on here looking for some advice. You have been given some options and you don't seem the least bit interested in any of them!

You asked how to survive in Carlow without a job? Have you tried looking for a job? Or are you just sitting on your ass taking the dole payments?

I don't get annoyed easily but you are really p1ssing me off with your posts.

Advertisement