Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW files download from G9

• 19-03-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm having trouble dowloading RAW files from a Canon G9. I've tried using card reader and connecting directly from camera to computer. The shots are on the card but dont show up in the transfer process.
    Jpeg files transfer without difficulty.
    I didn't get any additional software with the G9.
    I don't have problems downloading RAW files from a Canon 20D to the same computer.
    Can anyone shed light on this conundrum?
    Help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're not using drag & drop or basic Windows file copy, can you say what s/w is refusing to copy the RAW files over?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I mainly shoot RAW on the G9 & have had no problems with Windows Explorer, Mac Finder & Lightroom II.

Are you sure that there are RAW files there? If you shoot on Auto it will not save in RAW, only JPEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

Thanks for your input.
    It's just the basic Windows software being used for both 20D & G9 file transfer.
    There's no trouble transferring jpegs from either camera.
    There are files on the card - which I'm presuming are RAW files as that's what was intended to shoot - but which dont transfer automatically like the jpegs.
    Doubt any shots taken on Auto but even if there were and they were saved as jpegs, they would transfer automatically, right?

I'll tinker around another bit and try to figure out the problem.
    If anyone else has any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If your using Windows then it's probably only going to copy over the JPG files, you'll need to use Canon s/w to lift off the RAW files, this was called ZoomBrowserEx or something similar last time I hooked a Canon camera up to my PC.

When you plug the camera into the PC or laptop, does a menu popup offering to use different programs to access the camera? Are you selecting the Windows camera scanner? That's only ok if all the photos are JPG and all were taken in landscape mode, anything else and you'll need to be using s/w specific to that make of camera i.e. which came on a CD with the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Picasa will import Canon RAW files (.CR2 and .CRW) will let you import.
    It's useful for previewing them before editing. Raw file support is definately in Picasa 3 but it may be in previous versions.

Supported Formats:http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=15625

• Advertisement
Advertisement