Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does rent allowance work - I'm a landlady

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am renting my house and everyone coming to see is claiming rent allowance. How does it work for me? Who pays the claimant or the govt. to my account? I know I will have to declare but I've accepted that.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Person renting receives check and puts it to your bank afaik.The check won't be the full amount so renter needs to put the extra (differance) with it before depositing in bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

The rent allowence is paid the the claimant. It is then their responsibility to lodge the money into your account. The claimant does not get the full amount of rent in their rent allowence. It is usually the amount of rent minus €18, which means they have to put this to the rent allowence money.

Also, rent allowence regulations have become alot tighter and to make sure that the claimant is in fact renting they require that a rent book is signed up to date every week/month and shown to the CWO every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From posts here, it seems that the amount they get is not always the same. Although some people here look down on you if you don't accept it, you ain't SVP.

Advertisement