Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice please.

Options
  • 19-03-2009 1:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went to book some accomodation last night online. Unfortunately after him the confirm payment button the site crapped out and I got an error message. Tried it again and the same thing happened. So we decided to go somewhere else seeing as the site was having problems. Unfortunately I've just received a confirmation email (dealextreme take about 8 years to deliver a product but even they still manage to send a confirmation email straight away) from them saying they have taken the payment from my card.

I went in to the bank (my credit card is with the bank) and asked them to cancel the payment. She told me that I'd have to get the site to cancel it. Now I don't want to do this because they messed it up the first time, they could mess it up the second time and it'd piss me off to see this on my bill and realise I still have to sort, hence why I want the bank to sort it.

I'm pretty sure that the bank have to help me in this regards but not 100%. Do they? If so can you point me towards some site that outlines what their obligations are so that I can print it out and stick it her stupid face.

Cheers, guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

You need to get onto the site where the accom was booked.
    You got the confirmation so it is your responsibility to contact them to cancel.
    Web Sites crap out all the time and sometimes a confirmation will go through.

Just contact them and ask to cancel the booking. I'd also be making sure that your card didnt get charged twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your local bank branch won't be able to do anything, you'll have to contact the credit card division, which is separate.

You should fist contact the booking site, and tell them to cancel it, and use the delayed confirmation as a reason too. If that fails, then ring the credit card division of your bank.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One of the very helpful guys in the sites customer service team refunded the deposit (It's meant to be non-refundable) for me but it turns out I messed this one up a bit.

My sisters boyfriend called them up this morning to see if the booking was made. They said yep the booking is fine. He sent me a text to say the accomodation is sorted. I thought he meant he booked somewhere else.

Anywho it's all been sorted now and been rebooked thanks to centralr.com's customer service department.

Advertisement