Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Strangers and a Wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You only have to undergo a marriage preparation course if you're being married in a church, but you have to give 3 months' notice to the state, including the names of two witnesses, in the case of all marriages. Can't see how they get past that, to be honest.

Local Circuit Court Judge can order an exemption.
    RoxyHart wrote: »
    Still a legally binding contract whicever way you look at it!

If it doesn't work out they could always apply for nullity on the basis that they lacked capacity to consent, having never met nor having any say in who they marry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 allie13

hey, did you all hear, they have not been getting on very well at all, in fact not even on talking terms, they are coming home from honeymoon today and aparently only the bride will be speaking to the radio station. i wonder if there is another thread on here about this part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

im good mates with a presenter on beat and by all accounts one girl is amazing alltogether but a bit of a bimbo and the other is good looking and a really nice genuine girl.

looks like yer mate was misleading ya,nothing goodlookin about yer one at all lol,i wonder what the other one looked like then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dream Believer

So they split up now, going by the papers they didnt get on well at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea she REALLY did not like him by the sounds of things! Not even "just friends"; never wants to see him again :D.
    Would love to have been a fly on the wall there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

I think its a mad idea!!! Sure its a social experiment to see if they could match up two compatible people!!!
    No, it's a publicity stunt to boost ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RoxyHart

Split already, wow, thought they might have lasted a couple of months at least!! Just proves nothing can replace good, old fashioned chemistry and you own intuition, love can be blind, but it aint deaf or dumb!! Pity for the two people involved though, it must be a bit dispappointing, not to mention slightly embarassing :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Heard her talking on the radio the other morning. Was very flippant about it, and was fair to the guy, but you could hear between the lines that he behaved like an ass. She was basically shrugging off the whole thing as a fun couple of weeks with no long term repercussions. Even said she was getting more male attention since it was on.

He was on, apparently, but I missed his interview.

Before the 'wedding' very little was made of the fact that a real wedding would not take place, in fact the publicity was based on these people making such a big decision in a radio stunt, when in fact, it was fake.

The interviewer laughed it off as an experience for her that 'only 24 other women in the world have experienced'. Kinda made me think of the thousands of women (and men) subjected to forced marriage. They do the stranger marriage bit without any publicity, and tbh, they could do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Meeting your husband at the the alter for the first time absolute madness . It had divorce written all over it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 olympia1

in your dreams - baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Oryx wrote: »
    Kinda made me think of the thousands of women (and men) subjected to forced marriage. They do the stranger marriage bit without any publicity, and tbh, they could do with it.

I had been thinking that the other day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Oryx wrote: »
    Heard her talking on the radio the other morning. Was very flippant about it, and was fair to the guy, but you could hear between the lines that he behaved like an ass. She was basically shrugging off the whole thing as a fun couple of weeks with no long term repercussions. Even said she was getting more male attention since it was on.

He was on, apparently, but I missed his interview.

Before the 'wedding' very little was made of the fact that a real wedding would not take place, in fact the publicity was based on these people making such a big decision in a radio stunt, when in fact, it was fake.

The interviewer laughed it off as an experience for her that 'only 24 other women in the world have experienced'. Kinda made me think of the thousands of women (and men) subjected to forced marriage. They do the stranger marriage bit without any publicity, and tbh, they could do with it.

The whole thing looked to me like a pathethic 3 way attention seeking project. The radio station are obviously reeling for attention and struggling for listenership in a recession especially when you consider the context here, falling advertising sales and as for the girl who has admitted that she is "getting more male attention" since she participated in this stupid charade, that says enough about her neediness. He probably just went for the free beer. It's sad that this kind of childlike carry on makes it into the papers and television.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

God i didnt think it would end so quickly!!!

Ah at least they got a free holiday out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Actually, it's been raised over on a few other sites how very insulting this is to gay people who want to get married but are told they can't because of marriage being a sacred bond between a man and a woman. I can see their point tbh, I mean, I know this wasn't a legally binding marriage or anything (just a silly, but effective publicity stunt) but it really is making a mockery out of it a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dream Believer

Anyone see the papers yesterday?????

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Advertisement