Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Program/Show

• 19-03-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I have an opportunity to pitch an idea to a production company. I just wondering what is everybody favorable show. Thanks for participating. Oliver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Good Eats. Without hesitation or second thoughts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There can be only one......

Good Eats.

I love to cook, but even more so I love to know when a recipe tells me to do something or add something why I'm doing or adding something. The show is interesting, funny and while I don't always use the recipies I do use the techniques that he explains.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Along what lines? Or are you looking for a broad range of ideas? Some of the programmes I've enjoyed were Fork to Fork (channel 4 many years ago) with Monty Don where he showed you how to plant veg then what to cook with it - would be quite zeitgeist-y now! I also like the RTE amateur cook prog HEAT thats on at the moment - shows the difference between being a good home cook and running a professional kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Never even heard of "Good Eats" ... what channel is that on (presumably one that isn't on UPC digital) ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Any show that explains how to source good quality produce and then use it to its best without going over board price wise or being condecending is what I'd be interested in watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I like Market Kitchen - seasonal food, with a range of difficulty. Good parts like 'food for a fiver', that kind of thing. I like the range of presenters too - and you get to see lots of working chefs in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Alun wrote: »
    Never even heard of "Good Eats" ... what channel is that on (presumably one that isn't on UPC digital) ?
    The Food Network. It's a US-based show.
    But it's available in full on Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

olaola wrote: »
    I like Market Kitchen - seasonal food, with a range of difficulty. Good parts like 'food for a fiver', that kind of thing. I like the range of presenters too - and you get to see lots of working chefs in action.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How about a show with a good looking young mum with a posh accent and one or two stock phrases, shot in what's supposed to be her own home, cooking bistro style food. Oh and lots of tasting and licking!!.

Or has that been done a few times already??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I like Market Kitchen too. I also like Something For The Weekend - it's not purely a cookery show but it's interesting and entertaining and I get lots of ideas from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Love market kitchen, actually watching it now !
    Also love river cottage, I just love Hughs attitude to food

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Thank you all for the suggestions. Cheers Oliver

Advertisement