Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you use everyday to carry your camera?

• 19-03-2009 2:37pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are a number of people on this forum that take pictures on a daily basis while they go about their lives, I'm curious what type of bag do you use to carry your camera?

I'm doubting its very big as you hardly want to be carting around a bunch of lens and flashes with you everyday.

So what do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I cut (read ripped) out the pockets of my leather jacket to fit camera gear. It usually carries a rangefinder or a Diana. If I'm working it'll fit a 24-70, 135 and a flash. It dosn't look too odd either.

If I'm bringing my laptop around, it's generally in my Crumpler shoulder mag, which has plenty of space for the 5D, so I just throw it in there with the 50mm. It's as handy to have it than not. I'll always have the rangefinder in my pocket though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

I actually do carry my camera bag/rucksack :o
    As well as a handbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

well, if I go out purposly taking pics, I take my camera bag.

Otherwise, I have my Sony200 in my handbag. (Unless I forget to take it along). Anyways, my little cybershot never leaves my handbag so I always have some sort of camera hidden away in there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have a little bag that I inherited when a friend gifted us with an old Centon film camera. Looking at it tells me it's a "Hama Track Pack"?

Basically i can fit the 40D with either the 50mm or the 17-85mm on it, so i just choose one or the other for daily purpose. If i know i am going somewhere specifically for photo's and want all my gear i have a Canon bag that holds everything and is completely waterproofed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have a small Tamrac shoulder bag that fits my D90, 18-105 and Sigma 10-20. I can usually cram my nifty fifty in there too if I pack it right.
    If I'm travelling anywhere long distance or on a plane I have a Lowepro computrekker bag that pretty much everything fits into easily.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm thinking of getting a Lowepro computrekker for any traveling or when I need all my gear, I currenmtly use a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW which is big and bulky enough at times I find...especially if I just want my camera and one lens

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭what to do?

went for a wander yesterday and brought the camera and 70-200L in one of those black, canvas, reusable tesco shopping bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Carry mine around in a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭outspann

I've got a stripey fleece bag that originally belonged to the girlfriend (but that I have "borrowed"). Now I use the camera strap over my shoulder, with the fleece bag wrapped over the camera. Looks nothing like a camera bag, which is kind of my aim. Although now my secret is out.

when it gets cold enough, it also doubles as a hat. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kata R103, comfy as fook :D Have the CompudayPack too but it's going to gather dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

If i'm bringint the camera to work i just stick it in my laptop bag cos i can't manage both :/ but if i'm out wandery i looooove love love my new billingham bag, cos it doesn't look like a camera bag and it's much slimmer than all the other shoulder strap ones i've tried. Means i'm more inclined to bring my camera out if i'm not dressed like a photographer.

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/Hadley_Original.html - in black with black trim.

(It's a girl thing.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

elven wrote: »
    If i'm bringint the camera to work i just stick it in my laptop bag cos i can't manage both :/ but if i'm out wandery i looooove love love my new billingham bag, cos it doesn't look like a camera bag and it's much slimmer than all the other shoulder strap ones i've tried. Means i'm more inclined to bring my camera out if i'm not dressed like a photographer.

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/Hadley_Original.html - in black with black trim.

(It's a girl thing.)

Oh... I want one! :o

It IS a girl thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

(It's a girl thing.)
    Oh... I like this.... I might need one too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

(It's a girl thing.)

i want...

it's a lot nicer than my camera bag, this [url="http://cgi.ebay.ie/Crumpler-Pretty-Boy-Back-Pack-XL-Red_W0QQitemZ290303517674QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_BagsCases_JN?hash=item290303517674&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318]crumpler [/url], why i got it in red, i don't know... i went through a red phase, a colour which i'm no longer too keen on.
    for everyday, i just had a lowepro shoulder bag that holds my d40 and 1 lens,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

hahahaha I love it :D I've been searching for a non nylony sporty looking camera bag for ages and when i saw that in birmingham, i had to make it mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

(It's a girl thing.)

I likey alot... I have a crumpler Pretty Boy XL it fits the 40D and one lens but I'm considering getting rid of it as it's too bulky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Lowepro Nova 3 AW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

LowePro Slingshot 100.

Holds the 450D, the 18-55, the 50-250, the 50 and the 28-80 (attached to camera), all my filters, hoods, spare batteries, remote release etc. etc.

Don't tend to carry it everywhere all day but could easily enough as it's tiny and light. If there's any chance I'll be taking shots I have it with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Do I have Lowepro? It might be, I just carry it and don't look at the badge. If I go just for a stroll, I use camera strap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Pelican 14500 hard case (it's a man thing) when going by car, otherwise in a 25L backpack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Whats the most compact bag available? Only want it to carry the camera with the kit lens attached and possibly one other?
    I've been looking on the look out but so far i've been put off by the overall size of whats on the market. Ideally want something smaller than the LowePro Slingshot 100!

(oh and nothing girly!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

thinking of investing in this, seems to be able to hold all my digi/film and lappy in one bag.

anyone seen one of these up close, very cheap too

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/RM2184/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I have a Lowepro TLZ Mini that can fit my camera and the 18-55 kit lens or the 50mm lens in it (though not both!) so its good to just walk around with... usually with the 18-55 lens on as i use that the most. Could also throw the bag it in my backpack...

Or else i have a Lowepro Nova 2 AW which i can put all of my photography kit in it... Well, the camera and my 3 lenses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

I normally carry my gear in the LowePro Slingshot 100 but I’m currently looking for something new that can double up as a laptop bag something like the Kata Ergo-Tech Camera bag

More so for the ladies of the forum check out http://www.shootsac.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=1 , handy little bag to carry your lenses about and you can buy changeable covers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

mobileblog wrote: »

More so for the ladies of the forum check out http://www.shootsac.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=1 , handy little bag to carry your lenses about and you can buy changeable covers.

HEY - I have a Shootsac. I guess it is a touch metrosexual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

I think there’re nice and handy, don’t get me wrong. I might even pick one up in the future. I’m guessing that you went for the plan covers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

General use: Lowepro Slingshot 200AW, carries all my gear (5D + 24-70L, 50 f/1.8, 70-200L, flashgun)

If I fancy bringing a crapload of more stuff, I've a monster bag here..Lowepro Vertex 200AW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I have a lowepro slingshot 100 which I use regularly, I spin it round and wedge the elbows into it to help steady the camera. I've a couple of older shoulder bags I tend to use for storage.

Anyone have one of those large brown leather camera cases, bit like a vanity case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

This is my daily beast:

RoverAWII.jpg

And this for bigger excursions....but even this is too small now!

phototrekker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^^ What kind of idiot stores their lenses with the caps off? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^^ What kind of idiot stores their lenses with the caps off? :pac:

I seem to recall a pro who stored all her lenses with hoods attached and caps off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Vertex 200 for football, Mini Trekker for most other times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I use this cheap-o ebay Hama rucksack:

25aa_1.JPG

I put almost everything I own into it one day: 40d, 70-300m is, 17-70mm, 10-20mm, 50mm, 430ex, wireless flash triggers, flash stand, 4x40d batteries, 8xeneloop batteries, spare memory card, a notebook and a shutter release cable... quite a comfy fit actualleah!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

usually have my little Canon Powershot in my pocket or in a pouch on my belt - all the other stuff get left behind lots of times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

I recently pickup one a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

mobileblog wrote: »
    I think there’re nice and handy, don’t get me wrong. I might even pick one up in the future. I’m guessing that you went for the plan covers.

I did get the black cover...:)

they are handy..I go on and off using mine if I'm honest. For the price I think there'd be better alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Whats the most compact bag available? Only want it to carry the camera with the kit lens attached and possibly one other?
    I've been looking on the look out but so far i've been put off by the overall size of whats on the market. Ideally want something smaller than the LowePro Slingshot 100!

(oh and nothing girly!)

I have the Lowepro Rezo 140 AW for travelling light. It fits a DLSR with nifty-fifty (no grip) a flash and a 100mm macro at a squeeze. I also have a Lowepro Nova that carries everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I take the Lowepro Nova 1 AW with me. It's not too big and can take the camera with a 50mm lens, a Sigma 70-300mm and a macro lens.

http://images.google.ie/images?q=lowepro%20nova%201%20aw&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i just took delivery of a loweprowe fast pack 200 - only 29.99 on mymemory.co.uk

might be a bit big tho' so maybe i should look at a slingshot....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I bought a slingshot from them during the summer, so they certainly used to

[EDIT] their site says free worldwide shipping also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

eVeNtInE wrote: »

weird,
    I bought a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW from them no bother...and thats bigger then the 200AW

Advertisement