Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying CoD4 on the Xbox360

• 19-03-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So i went into HMV to buy cod4...€55 they wanted! thats insane for a game thats over a year old. CoD 5 was €5 cheaper! Tried to buy cod4 preowned in gamestop and they wanted €45 for it! It's unbelievably expensive. I'd expect a pre-owned game, thats over a year old to be around €30. Anyone know any places its going slightly cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's been in HMV in Galway for ages at 37.99 for the GOTY edition.
    And Game in Galway have the GOTY edition preowned for 32 I think..
    Adverts is your best bet anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

Its surprisingly hard to get COD4 on the Xbox in Kilkenny for some reason, Adverts is probably your best bet though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Same problem for me, insane prices for preowned versions for a game over a year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Its surprisingly hard to get COD4 on the Xbox in Kilkenny for some reason, Adverts is probably your best bet though :)

Yeah, I gave up looking in Kilkenny, Waterford and Carlow for it. Eventually just got it from play.com, last January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I don't see how they can still charge those kind of prices for it. One place, I forget where wanted 60 for it. Alright its a brilliant game, but so is the Orange Box, which I saw for 29.99 yesterday in Dublin.

• Advertisement

LD 50 wrote: »
    I don't see how they can still charge those kind of prices for it. One place, I forget where wanted 60 for it. Alright its a brilliant game, but so is the Orange Box, which I saw for 29.99 yesterday in Dublin.

That's a fair point but Orange Box isn't always in the top 3 used XBL games played globally, like CoD4. Check out this link from Major Nelson's site:
    http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/03/17/live-activity-for-week-of-march-9th.aspx
    It may be an old game but it still has a huge following online and is very much in demand still. No wonder Infinity Ward are releasing Modern Warfare 2 later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

http://www.thehut.com/hut/9965831.product
    For €45.93 +1.25 for shipping you can get the greatest game ever made with the new DLC maps included!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

LIVE Activity for week of March 9th

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Halo 3
    2 Call of Duty: WaW
    3 Call of Duty 4
    4 Gears of War 2
    5 GTA IV
    6 RESIDENT EVIL 5
    7 Halo Wars
    8 Left 4 Dead
    9 FIFA 09
    10 STREET FIGHTER IV

On that same note though, you can still get Halo3 cheaper than COD4. Its only slightly older.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GhostfaceKillah

Got the GOTY ED (new, not pre-owned) in game on dawson street. €40, in a sale. I'm happy enough with that! Thanks for the help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

That was a good price!

• Advertisement

Got the GOTY ED (new, not pre-owned) in game on dawson street. €40, in a sale. I'm happy enough with that! Thanks for the help :D

Glad you got sorted. €40 is good value considering it includes the map pack too.
    Enjoy

Advertisement