Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 67X Route

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

So for the last two weeks it seems that Dublin Bus has taken the route that Mortons used to take. As far as I know there are now two buses in the morning.

Any one better clued up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Here's a link to the new timetable, hopefully the new route is getting some business.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/67x/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, it's a pretty handy route, I've used it a few times now. One problem I see is coming out of town you don't know which 67x your on. I suppose you could ask the driver but where's the adventure then!:D

Also, whoever designed that junction after the setanta really should get their eyes tested, very very difficult for large vehicles to turn right.

O, and all the new speedbumps between Aghards & Castle Village make for a nice bouncy ride! Great fun.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Buffman wrote: »
    Also, whoever designed that junction after the setanta really should get their eyes tested, very very difficult for large vehicles to turn right.

This is how large vehicles get around this corner

clane-shack-jcn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Joe Public wrote: »
    This is how large vehicles get around this corner

Yep, a little roundabout would have been far too simple for them.:confused:
    And cheaper!

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Buffman wrote: »
    Yep, a little roundabout would have been far too simple for them.:confused:
    And cheaper!

Arup engineering were the design experts involved so I presume this is the best solution they could come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Does the 67x now turn left when it comes over the bridge into the village and then go around Celbridge back to the Maynooth road?

If I want to get to The Walled Gardens (end of Castletown) am i better off getting off in the village and walking up, or staying on the bus and getting off when it gets back to the Maynooth road (wherever that is!)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Yep, a little roundabout would have been far too simple for them.
    And cheaper!

Not this junction but others in Celbridge , the local council engineers were quoted in the local paper as

' We don't like roundabouts '

Totally stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

StudentC wrote: »
    Does the 67x now turn left when it comes over the bridge into the village and then go around Celbridge back to the Maynooth road?

If I want to get to The Walled Gardens (end of Castletown) am i better off getting off in the village and walking up, or staying on the bus and getting off when it gets back to the Maynooth road (wherever that is!)?

Thanks

Three of the evening 67X's go via the Clane road from Dublin, they rejoin the Maynooth Road again at the junction beside Aldi, IMO it would be much shorter to walk to the Walled Gardens if you stay on the bus 'til it rejoins the Maynooth Road at Aldi than getting off in the village. Here's a link.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/67x/

Advertisement