Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Non-Player

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I've been looking at movies from eve on youtube and gota say I like what I see although the monthly subscription seems a bit expensive.

Since none of my friends play I figure the best place to ask would be here:

Is it worth it?

I won't be able to spend long playing during the week and can only really play over the weekend and was wondering how much of a handicap that would be.

I used to play WOW but since I wasn't playing as much as some of the lads I knew I ended up not taking part in loads of stuff because my level was too low etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Best thing to do is try out the 15 day trial and see what you think of the game.

you can setup yourself through this link

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=102321&bid=&nogreet=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

You can get 21-day trials with buddie invites. Root has a thread up the top to get an invite from a current player. The person sending you the invite gets 30 free days if you sign up for a full account! Steam also gives a 21 day trial but some people have been having issues with eve on steam.

Another option is the new eve retail box, it comes with a 60 day GTC for the game. A month through the eve site is 14.95 (12.95 per month for a 3 month period) so if you can get it for a decent price you'll have 2 months for fairly cheap. I don't know if you can use the box to upgrade the trial's and still get the extra stuff in the box such as the standing boost to the four major empires and a "special shuttle"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Mantel wrote: »
    You can get 21-day trials with buddie invites. Root has a thread up the top to get an invite from a current player. The person sending you the invite gets 30 free days if you sign up for a full account! Steam also gives a 21 day trial but some people have been having issues with eve on steam.

Another option is the new eve retail box, it comes with a 60 day GTC for the game. A month through the eve site is 14.95 (12.95 per month for a 3 month period) so if you can get it for a decent price you'll have 2 months for fairly cheap. I don't know if you can use the box to upgrade the trial's and still get the extra stuff in the box such as the standing boost to the four major empires and a "special shuttle"

I'd love to say go out and buy the Eve boxset right now you'll love the game and it is a great deal but i'd be telling a lie about the loving it part. Eve isn't for everyone so i'd recommend trying a trial account first, as Mantel said you can get one through the sticky thread on this forum or through steam.

Follow our little (its old but still good) guide for new players and ask any questions you have here or in the irish channel in game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The best thing about eve is that your character develops with out you having to even log in. You just have to keep setting new skills to train. It's a lot more casual friendly than any other mmorpg.

There is how ever a very steep learning curve which puts a lot of new players off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

I should never have downloaded this.

Its just going to cost me money and my social life :P

I'm more then a little impressed and I'm still only on the hauling tutorial (finished the mining and fighting ones)

• Advertisement

Cosine wrote: »

I'm more then a little impressed and I'm still only on the hauling tutorial (finished the mining and fighting ones)

Welcome to the addiction. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Cosine wrote: »

:)

Its by far the best MMO on the market.. But often 12 hours a day is too little to spend playing it

mamolian wrote: »
    :)

Its by far the best MMO on the market.. But often 12 hours a day is too little to spend playing it

Ah, if only. I'm lucky if I get 12 hours a week playing eve :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

MAMO where have you been ya prick i miss joo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I started playing this a few day's ago! Where has eve been all my life?! I'm loving it so far, found myself a nice little corp who are helping me out! Looks like R0ot will be gettin 30 day's free :D

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I started playing this a few day's ago! Where has eve been all my life?! I'm loving it so far, found myself a nice little corp who are helping me out! Looks like R0ot will be gettin 30 day's free :D

Woot..... :rolleyes: Join Invar-Public channel and irish channel if you haven't already btw. Invariance is a few of my housemates and other new players in a corp and they'll show you things you won't already know.

bizmark wrote: »
    MAMO where have you been ya prick i miss joo :(

<3<3<3

This week ive been mostly watching movies n **** CC's maxed lol :D

So how do you get onto the Irish channel?

I went into the channels and message boards section but there was no search function that I could see and there was no Ireland or Irish section either :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just go into the channels tab, and click Join. Then type in Irish or Invar-Public and you'll get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

how the hell would Invar-Public get him into the irish channel? thats not the irish channel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I meant it would get him into the Irish or the Invar-Public channel, depending on which he typed.

I got onto the channel thanks Kiith

No one talks on it though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Usually got to kick things off sometimes. Most players are in their corp/alliance/private channels fupping around. Youve got to grab em with something keee-razy to get their attention and convince them youre the person they want to spend time trolling and abusing rather than some corpmate.

Sand wrote: »
    Usually got to kick things off sometimes. Most players are in their corp/alliance/private channels fupping around. Youve got to grab em with something keee-razy to get their attention and convince them youre the person they want to spend time trolling and abusing rather than some corpmate.

^^ This is so true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

"Can anyone help me starting off? It's just my boobs get in the way of the controls..." ?

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    "Can anyone help me starting off? It's just my boobs get in the way of the controls..." ?

i've used this one before, you'll have to try at least thrice as hard to impress them people's in the irish channel. there though enough to crack. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Sand wrote: »

a sure way to get attention is to link prolapsepinksockasstuplip.gif in the channel, always cracks me up that one!

It took a minute to get a pants unzip the other night.

Drakar wrote: »

Hmm im not logged into the irish channel atm, but I was in the middle of spreading peanut butter all over my balls, when I noticed this post and decided to reply.

spank.gif

mamolian wrote: »
    Hmm im not logged into the irish channel atm, but I was in the middle of spreading peanut butter all over my balls, when I noticed this post and decided to reply.

Were you going to let your dog lick it off? Cause that wouldn't be cheating if you had a girlfriend. Cause it's your dog

The last page of posts pretty much describes what the irish channel in game is like. Good luck y0! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

*fapfap*

Advertisement