Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham v Manchester United - Match Thread (Set Sp 1) 3.00 pm 21/3/09

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yesterday, ronaldo showed every trait in a player that is arrogant and childlike. For his yellow, he was tackled fairly, jumps wildly at murphy and then acts with petulence by flicking off murphys offer to shake hands on it. He mouthed off to the ref several times, something that got mascherano sent off at united last season but he remained on the pitch.

Ferguson greases his ego by allowing every penalty and 99% of free kicks to be given to ronaldo. This is neither a surprise nor a criticism towards ferguson but its what comes with it that lays the foundations for a trumped up ego and when decisions dont go his way he has the same attitude as a six year old throwing a tantrum.

It affects the team and anyone who thinks it doesnt is just naive.

United were playing with 9 men in the first half yesterday, ronaldo was brutal and berbatov never puts a shift in when it is required for the sake of the team.

United still look good for the title but the attitude of uniteds players from yesteryear is definitely not there. If united take the title they have only one man to thank imo........that man is vidic.
    Ronaldo is utd best peno taker he's only missed 3 (afaik)

i cant stand him lining up to do a free kick but who else is there
    if Hargreaves was fit he'd be taking them imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yesterday, ronaldo showed every trait in a player that is arrogant and childlike. For his yellow, he was tackled fairly, jumps wildly at murphy and then acts with petulence by flicking off murphys offer to shake hands on it. He mouthed off to the ref several times, something that got mascherano sent off at united last season but he remained on the pitch.

Ferguson greases his ego by allowing every penalty and 99% of free kicks to be given to ronaldo. This is neither a surprise nor a criticism towards ferguson but its what comes with it that lays the foundations for a trumped up ego and when decisions dont go his way he has the same attitude as a six year old throwing a tantrum.

It affects the team and anyone who thinks it doesnt is just naive.

United were playing with 9 men in the first half yesterday, ronaldo was brutal and berbatov never puts a shift in when it is required for the sake of the team.

United still look good for the title but the attitude of uniteds players from yesteryear is definitely not there. If united take the title they have only one man to thank imo........that man is vidic.

I don't agree at all with how he acts and i wish that Fergie would deal with it, but I think he may be afraid of making Ronaldo want to leave by not allowing him to do all the free kicks and peno's. If we had someone on the pitch that would lead the team properly, he should defo make sure to stop him form taking them if they just arent going his way (as usual).

I'm well aware it effects the team when he's playing bad and acting like that but it also effects the team in a positive sense when he's on form and full of confidence.

I believe Ronaldo plays best when Rooney is on the pitch. Rooney's always running around after the ball closin ppl down and makin space for ronaldo. Berbatov stands there so Ronaldo cant really play his best game.

I don't agree with Ronaldo giving out to other ppl but I believe that's where his frustration came from. He should look at himself before anyone else but you can understand his frustration. Most players under the same conditions would get frustrated and he's not the first to give out to other players on his own team.

Advertisement