Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch Ireland match on saturday?!

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

one of the other threads gave me this idea.

where are people watching the ireland v wales match this saturday? what puub do you think is the best for it? best atmosphere atc? ive watched the last 2 in the curragower, nice small pub. not idela for a match, but there were a load of us in there so i didnt care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

one of the other threads gave me this idea.

where are people watching the ireland v wales match this saturday? what puub do you think is the best for it? best atmosphere atc? ive watched the last 2 in the curragower, nice small pub. not idela for a match, but there were a load of us in there so i didnt care.

Well if your a guinness lover my suggestion would be the old quarter!!! Just read in the paper that for the duration of the match they are charging 4c a pint!!! They are charging what a pint used to cost back in the day when we last won the grand slam!!! Come on Ireland!!!!:D Oh they have extra screens up for the day it's gonna be brill!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

4c a pint? are you havin' a laugh?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

what paper?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

yea what paper? that is a great idea but I can't imagine it being true. we'd all be wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It's true. Saw the sign up outside the pub. I think it may just be pints of Guinness though.

• Advertisement

Class. Guiness will do me fine for 4 cents. even though they are going to be rotten in the old quarter.don't really like that pub. but anyway... 4c a pint... SAVAGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You probably won't even get near the bar though and end up missing the match itself.

Yea I agree. I'd say it will be synnots or the surround back at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'll be watching it in the Millennium Stadium. Suckers.

I saw it in the Post! Anyways I agree you'd probably be queing for most the match and only get about a pint or 2 in!!! Not worth it really and the place is a bit of a kip! Oh and yeah it is just pints of guinness!!!

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    I'll be watching it in the Millennium Stadium. Suckers.

Emmmm firstly, do you have a spare ticket??? Secondly....need a buddy to tag along?? heehee!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

4c a pint....you wont be able to watch the match at that price!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

pink star wrote: »
    Well if your a guinness lover my suggestion would be the old quarter!!! Just read in the paper that for the duration of the match they are charging 4c a pint!!! They are charging what a pint used to cost back in the day when we last won the grand slam!!! Come on Ireland!!!!:D Oh they have extra screens up for the day it's gonna be brill!!!!

4c a pint is too much for the dyke water they serve in that hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

True. The old quater is a absloute kip of a pub. Why on earth would you go in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I always enjoy watching rugby matches in the Bank, its usually fairly full but I just really like that place anyway so maybe im biased.

Interesting marketing ploy by that pub offering 4c for a pint of Guinness. Wonder if they'll break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

kinsellas in thomondgate is a laugh when the rugby is on

Well done Ireland!!! Fantastic match talk about keeping us at the edge of our seats!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

did anybody go to the old quater during the game? was it packed? what was the 4c guiness like? i was there saturday morning and satruday night but didnt stick around for the game chose to watch it in comfort at one of the lads houses in monaleen....

I was there sat night but my brother went to there. He said it was jammers as were most of the pubs, I chose Clohessy's!! You could only get one pint per round, so if there were 4 of you, you had to go up individually. He said though that they weren't actually taking the 4c from anyone!!

Advertisement