Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recessed Heating Wall Stats

• 19-03-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Can anyone suggest nice looking recessed heating stats. We have installed 45mm electrical boxes and there is a mains power feed.

These also need to be programmable as there is no central timer clock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/domestic.htm

Above while not fully recessed and slim and look half decent.

a fully recessed thermostat will require an external sensor point as there will be limited or no air flow over the sensor of a recessed one - if such a thing exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bryston

Thanks for that.

I stumpled across Heatmiser after I started this thread.

I see they have a prgrammable wall stat that also does HW timer duties which is a clever (and obvious) thing to sell. The whole point of programmable wall stats is to eliminate the remote timer but you still need to control hot water timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

bryston wrote: »
    prgrammable wall stat that also does HW timer duties which is a clever (and obvious) thing to sell. .

Remember that you are going to need an extra wire, so five wires required in the wall box to use HW and heating.

Advertisement