Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

satellite tracking

• 19-03-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My Garmin Nuvi 300 is having problems the past two days tracking satellites...
    This morning it was picking them up for 5 mins or so and then loosing them again, it's a clear sky, the clearest two days of the year... I have the latest garmin software updates in it...What do you think the problem could be?
    I tried resetting my unit to no avail.. For the past few hours now it refuses to find any satellites what so ever...Hmmm is my Nuvi on it's way out to the scrapyard? I rely on my satnav to get me to differant work address's. Today I'm pretty screwed looking at maps. It's the first time in 2 years this has let me down. I have another satnav at home but that does not help me right now as I'm 150km's away.. Can't really pop home for it:p

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

Mondeo:

Several months late for you probablyu, but there's something to try short of a reset. My nuvi was constantly losing the satellites; it would acquire them for a few minutes and then lose it ("poor satellite reception", I think was the message).

The next time this happens, after you lose reception, when the nuvi asks you the following questions, see if these responses clear it up:

1) Are you indoors? No
    2) Are you in Ireland? No ...this is the one that supposedly cleans up a "corrupted almanac" in some cases.

I googled the hell out of this, and there are numerous suggestions...the one above worked for me (for the last month or so, I have not had any satellite coverage drops).

WW

Advertisement