Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube or vimeo??

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I'm in the process of updating my website, www.outdoorsireland.com, and trying to make it as interactive as possible.
    I'll have two videos on my home page and am wondering is youtube or vimeo a better place to embed them from?
    What will look more professional, cleaner and keep traffic on my site?
    Thanks, Nathan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

I'd definitely use Vimeo for embedding them on your site as the quality is far better. Although be sure to upload them to YouTube as well, for extra coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Vimeo looks cleaner and more professional, in my opinion. I prefer it.

YouTube is more social and "down with the kids". Good for certain things, like a viral or marketing video, but the quality tends to be lower, the player itself isn't as nice to lookat and it'll display a slideshow of related videos at the end of your clip to entice people away.

From the requirements you list ("more professional, cleaner and keep traffic on my site") and recommend Vimeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Thanks for your help

Advertisement