Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are kangaroos intelligent?

Options
  • 19-03-2009 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I know the question is silly. It's just I was always wondering..

Are kangaroos intelligent or stupid animals? :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Skippy seemed smart:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

As i know they attack people with no reason. And they don't behave smart while in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

I would imagine they are intellegent... there aren't many if any stupid animals. I'm sure Minesajackdaniels will set the story straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

you could ask the national geographic
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/
    theyre apparently very nervous animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

well apparently rolf harris tied one down and that doesent exibit higher reason thought or forward planning on the kangaroos part IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Coming into this a little late, but nope, they ain't. I work with a wildlife carer who laments how dim they can be. I've had a large male eastern grey do a quick sprint to keep pace with my car once - I was doing 80kms and as soon as I spotted him I slowed right down, which was lucky because that meant I was doing 30k and could break when he proceeded to change direction and hop right in front of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

*waits for the urban legend involving the stunned 'roo legging it with a load of people's belongings to surface"

Advertisement