Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you get the best Fry-Up in the city ?

• 19-03-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

self explanatory really .....
    I'm looking for value for money,quantity,and service with a :D
    Oh ...and good coffee !

I like Eddie Rockets myself ...everything is cooked really well there,but i'm sure there is some place thats better that i have not thought of !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

No idea about the coffee but have regularly got the all day breakfast in the Exchange (only ever got it on a Sat/Sun) but its always top notch.

Also have eaten the one in the Brasserie but it doesn't stick in my mind as being great or terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Asked this same question last Saturday and was directed to the Pantry (used be Loughman's) in the alley that goes from Georges Court to the Quay

Great breakfast with all the usual suspects on the plate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The best fry definitely has to be the place beside the o2 shop. BIG fry up, served all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Sully wrote: »
    The best fry definitely has to be the place beside the o2 shop. BIG fry up, served all day!
    The Brassarie

tonc76 wrote: »
    (used be Loughman's)
    No, Loughmans was upstairs in Georges Court. Pantry was Chapmans.

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried Dooleys Hotel on the quay yet, they are supposed to have a full irish for 4-99 (no tea or coffee), seems good value, but haven't been down to try it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree with Sully the Brassarie is pretty special,

But i'll always push for brunch cause I always go there for my coffee and anyone working there is generally freakishly nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

I actually heard about the exchange alright,might chance there some time.
    The Brasserie is probably about €12 for a fry ...
    Eddie Rockets is top notch aswell,€7:55,full irish with those cubed potatoes,toast,tea/coffee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Woodgate wrote: »
    No, Loughmans was upstairs in Georges Court. Pantry was Chapmans.

Ha went to the wrong place but still had a great feed:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

the granary is savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Kylemore in city square is actually quite good, and not the **** hole it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Sosa wrote: »
    self explanatory really .....
    I'm looking for value for money,quantity,and service with a :D
    Oh ...and good coffee !

I like Eddie Rockets myself ...everything is cooked really well there,but i'm sure there is some place thats better that i have not thought of !

Holy Monkey i was only going to write a thread on here right now about this i wanted to do it today but it didnt work the site like.

Who does the best Full Irish in Waterford city or like a breakfast roll not this 15 euro bleedin rubber sausages im talking food that tastes like proper food none of that mass produced stuff that only has added this and that for longer shelf life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Woodgate wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Dooleys Hotel on the quay yet, they are supposed to have a full irish for 4-99 (no tea or coffee), seems good value, but haven't been down to try it yet.

Dooley's Hotel has a really nice beakfast - i think for the big breakfast ya get 2 rashers, 2 sausages, tomato, egg, beans and pudding with toast and tea/coffee - comews to about 7.90, which isn't bad - plus the breakfast feels freshly made, unlike Kylemore, when ya know those rashers and sausages could have been made an hour ago and are just there heating up.

Also have to say the gingerman do an excellent breakfast aswell - menu options of big, small breakfast and menu for those "non-meat" people. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The Brassarie is pretty damn good,
    don't know how anyone can suggest Empty Pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

Been going to the Gingerman every Saturday morning for years and years. Excellent hot food, reasonable price, great service, and generally a refill or two for free on the tea or coffee. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 joskel

best full irish breakfast in city and value for money is tesco ardkeen 599 for the works

joskel wrote: »
    best full irish breakfast in city and value for money is tesco ardkeen 599 for the works
    As John McEnroe says "You cannot be serious", I go there quite a bit for lunch, but while it's cheap & cheerful, no way is it the best fry up in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Used to always say sizzlers. Awful shame they closed down.

For now i'd usually go into Brunch (Upstairs in georges court) but its befinately not the best by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

c - 13 wrote: »
    Used to always say sizzlers. Awful shame they closed down.

For now i'd usually go into Brunch (Upstairs in georges court) but its befinately not the best by a long shot.
    lol sizzlers is still going but not undeer the same name and if your an early bird ya can always call into andy 4 the cuppa b4 hand;),for the best breakfast drools or blass on the road marys kitchen in the jonhs town business estate,its out the back of the estate if there still there but the best value for money ready made or ready to order breackfast hard fried or runny fried blass you could imagine,they are fantastick also do hot dinners also but only catch is you have to bring back the nife fork plate for the next refill legend of a place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

lol sizzlers is still going but not undeer the same name and if your an early bird ya can always call into andy 4 the cuppa b4 hand;),for the best breakfast drools or blass on the road marys kitchen in the jonhs town business estate,its out the back of the estate if there still there but the best value for money ready made or ready to order breackfast hard fried or runny fried blass you could imagine,they are fantastick also do hot dinners also but only catch is you have to bring back the nife fork plate for the next refill legend of a place

Really ? Are they in the same place or moved elsewhere ? Last time i walked past there was some other place in there that only seemed to have a menu from lunch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 travellers

"Sumatra Cafe" have a very good Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Brunch is good
    Brassarie is great
    Dooleys is also great.

If you're looking for over the counter 'bag of hot meat' the place to get it is Spar on Barrack Street. (sauc, puddings, rashers in a mala)

A crusty blaa in one hand, dipping into the bag with the other...mmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

rice guest house on barrack st

6.50 for the full works and the coffee is excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

travellers wrote: »
    "Sumatra Cafe" have a very good Irish.
    Sumatra are probably the closest place to me so I find myself going in there a good bit. Can't really fault it but would love to find a place that just has a lovely greasy fry up with everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

c - 13 wrote: »
    Really ? Are they in the same place or moved elsewhere ? Last time i walked past there was some other place in there that only seemed to have a menu from lunch up.

still do a fry up,you just have to ask nicely for it :) and also for the out of towners who like to travel the road side cafe up in carrick beside the petrol station,good fry up too

Advertisement