Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First unread post

Options
  • 19-03-2009 5:57pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I make a lot of use of the "go to first unread post" feature, as I tend to follow lengthy threads over a period of several days or weeks. One problem with it is, if I don't get to read a given thread during a given session, it assumes that I have read it so the next time I visit, the "first unread post" is no longer the first post I haven't read.

I recognise the difficulty impossibility of keeping track of every single thread on boards, and which is the last post I read, but would it be possible to keep track of this for threads I've subscribed to? Generally the threads I'm following are threads I've had some input into - or else I'll manually subscribe to a thread I'm interested in.

On a related note, I tend to follow a specific pattern when reading some boards, particularly those I moderate: I start at the oldest unread thread, and click the button to go to the first unread post. When I get to the end of the thread, I click "next thread", then immediately click the "first unread" link.

Would it be possible to have the option that, when I click on "next thread", it automagically brings me to the first unread post in the next thread?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement