Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oldskool Jungle/drum and bass PROMO on MTV back in the day...

• 19-03-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Im after finding an amazing Jungle/Drum n' Bass promo that used to get played on MTV loads back in the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-vTauN9l6U

There is three tracks in the vid,however,one of the tracks starts @ 0.40 seconds into the vid....

Who is the artist?? thats the question...
    Corect me if im wrong,but i think the first track is by Lemon D.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh and another question,is there a good,reliable digital download store to buy Jungle and DnB ?

I WISH Jungle/and drum n bass was still like this,i just cant stand some of that new,rough,grimey,saw wave bassline drum and bass that just dominates the scene at the moment.

Peace out,thanks for reading.....

Comments

Lukasz. wrote: »
    I WISH Jungle/and drum n bass was still like this,i just cant stand some of that new,rough,grimey,saw wave bassline drum and bass that just dominates the scene at the moment.

Agree completely.

Wouldn't class myself as as jungle or dnb fan, but that's just because I haven't liked it in years. The stuff back in the mid 90s was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

Agree completely.

Wouldn't class myself as as jungle or dnb fan, but that's just because I haven't liked it in years. The stuff back in the mid 90s was great.

yeah,i was never a proper "Drum n bass head" but i found that some of the stuff i heard (like the stuff in the vid) just blew me away.i never got my hands on much of that stuff,but it was quality.

i got a lend of a cd called "Platinum Breakz" which was a collection of jungle/drum n bass tunes by "metalheadz"

boy that was the best collection of tunes i ever heard as regards drum n bass,and the tunes were produced unbelivably well.top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

yeah,i was never a proper "Drum n bass head" but i found that some of the stuff i heard (like the stuff in the vid) just blew me away.i never got my hands on much of that stuff,but it was quality.

i got a lend of a cd called "Platinum Breakz" which was a collection of jungle/drum n bass tunes by "metalheadz"

boy that was the best collection of tunes i ever heard as regards drum n bass,and the tunes were produced unbelivably well.top quality.
    I think one bit a little after that is by Omni Trio, it's a bit of a megamix though:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

From one of the comments.....
    Some of the songs... hmmm. (gotta check) I hope you're excited about this. : D They are some of my favs meng.
    1st. DJ Tamsin & The Monk: A Better Place
    2nd. Lemon D: Deep space (Original Drum and space mix)

Anyone who likes this should check out this AMAZING compilation by Goldie called "A Collection of Deep Beets" It's ****ing deadly. Big ups kids. : D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Nice Find

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I remember it well. Must dig out all that stuff, haven't really heard it in years. I think I kinda went off the whole thing the first time I heard the word 'garage' and '2step'. But really must give all that Dillinja, Goldie etc. stuff another listen.

Adam F - Circles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZAQlr6ZZc

Ah yes, I remember it well. Must dig out all that stuff, haven't really heard it in years. I think I kinda went off the whole thing the first time I heard the word 'garage' and '2step'. But really must give all that Dillinja, Goldie etc. stuff another listen.

Adam F - Circles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZAQlr6ZZc

ah nice tune,gotta love the Adam F stuff,Circles has to be one of the best tracks on his album : "Colours."

It was on positiva aswell if my memory serves.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    From one of the comments.....

Thanks BaZmO

Much appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Thanks for bringing these tunes back into my life...so many good memories! :D

acman wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing these tunes back into my life...so many good memories! :D

no worries,glad to have helped.

Here is a quick jungle tune a whipped up,still needs a little work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SRyGEzsYA4

made on hardware.

• Advertisement
Advertisement