Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master Degree Deferals

Options
  • 19-03-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question...

If you are awarded entrance to a master degree course, is it possible to defer it for one year in lieu of a work placement (internship)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It may depend on the course and school really. The MA in geography doesnt allow deferral anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Well its within the Arts programme...Creative Writing (English School). Anyone know if they allow deferrals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

pick up the phone and contact the head of the department!

I tried that (all of the numbers displayed on the website) and it rang once before somebody picked it up and then disengaged. Besides, it's a matter of priority, cannot wait until tomorrow to find out because I need to know by tonight. Even a hunch would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I don't know the answer to your question but were you accepted into the MA already? I applied for a different one in English, the deadline is officially in May but we were encouraged to apply early.

Hate waiting :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

Well...did you manage to find out?

eventually will find out, thing is Im in work when Hilary G*** (administrator) is in her office so no luck there.

Haven't applied yet because i may need next year off. Are they accepting people this early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Brimmy wrote: »
    I don't know the answer to your question but were you accepted into the MA already? I applied for a different one in English, the deadline is officially in May but we were encouraged to apply early.

Hate waiting :(

What course have you applied for, if you don't mind my asking?

You could well be competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anton17 wrote: »
    What course have you applied for, if you don't mind my asking?

You could well be competition.

Judging from your other thread we wont have to fight. It's the Anglo Irish Literature MA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

That's some comfort anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement