Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub on cathal brugha st.

Options
  • 19-03-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hello all,

this is an odd question and i may well be giving ridiculous information.

I'm convinced that at one point or another there was a pub called voodoo on Cathal Brugha St. Now i'm not talking about the voodoo lounge on the quays, or the viper lounge.

I could be imagining it was called voodoo and if it wasn't what was it called?? It had a massive glass front and when you went inside there was a huge bar that divided the room and there was a small stage. It's driving me mad!

If anyone knows i'd be very grateful! :D

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Sounds very like the living room to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Your description does rather sound like Voodoo lounge though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Sounds like the Sidewalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

I did some research into it last night, i'm becoming obsessed with it. Mainly because it goes back to an old argument I keep having with a certain someone (HIIII!!!) :D But there was once a pub called voodoo on cathal brugha street.

As i remember there's a bus stop riht outside it, (the 123 i'm sure goes by it) has the name changed? Maybe i should just go into town and find out.. but then again i'm so very lazy.

Thank you all for your theories! And Ste.Phen it does indeed sound like Voodoo Lounge which is why i thought i might have just imagined it :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Jay D wrote: »
    Sounds like the Sidewalk.

I remember this place as the sidewalk too,
    It went under a few names iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

meganj wrote: »
    I did some research into it last night, i'm becoming obsessed with it. Mainly because it goes back to an old argument I keep having with a certain someone (HIIII!!!) :D But there was once a pub called voodoo on cathal brugha street.

As i remember there's a bus stop riht outside it, (the 123 i'm sure goes by it) has the name changed? Maybe i should just go into town and find out.. but then again i'm so very lazy.

Thank you all for your theories! And Ste.Phen it does indeed sound like Voodoo Lounge which is why i thought i might have just imagined it :eek:

depends on what side of the Street you mean. For instance there is a 123 stop on both sides but there's a trendy sty;e bar I think belongs to the Gresham on one side, not that there,s nothing untrendy about the hot Czechness in the thingame bob across the road :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What sort of time frame are we talking?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

If I'm not very much mistaken Eircom are now occupying this building.

It's across the road from DIT's premises

Advertisement