Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lense cleaning?

• 19-03-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

I bought a Nikon 18-200 at xmas time and have become much more concerned with cleaning (i guess mainly because it cost alot of money:)
    I bought a cleaning cloth in a camera shop but I am still nervous using it on the lense. Any suggestions/tips/things to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

zdooldreb wrote: »
    I bought a Nikon 18-200 at xmas time and have become much more concerned with cleaning (i guess mainly because it cost alot of money:)
    I bought a cleaning cloth in a camera shop but I am still nervous using it on the lense. Any suggestions/tips/things to avoid?

Get a rocket blower or lesn brush to blow/wipe away any grit or suchlike material that may scratch. Then gently rub lens with a wet lens wipe before using the lens cloth to finish cleaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I got one of these in Boots: http://www.lenspen.com/?cPath=&products_id=LP-1&tpid=146

dead handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

This will solve your problems. Got it at Christmas and it works great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dermot2

buy a pack of rizla ciggarete papers (any colour) and pull out 2 or 3 fold them together with out licking them and keeep glue side away from lense, they work great at picking up bits of dust and loose hairs and such like. enjoy the new lense.

Advertisement