Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i know its been talked about before but.....

• 19-03-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

hi guys,

I took a picture not so long ago of a car get together. I then posted this up on the clubs website that held the get together.

Now, i posted up my pics on the site itself for all to see of what happened and waht was at the gathering. now more recently, i have been made aware that there was an article in the paper using one of my photos.

The tricky part is, im not sure if one of the lads off the site gave the news paper my photo, or did they take the photo themselves. i have been reading the rest of the articles about copyright and am sure i could get something if the paper took it themselves. but the fact that one of the people from the site may have given it to them, does that mean that its none of the papers business as your man gave them the pic? and they wouldnt care about royalties at this stage?

Just looking for a bit of advice on getting paid or credit.

Thank you!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

was it theirs to give?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

was it theirs to give?

no, i posted it up so everyone on the site could see.

i just found out that he did not give the photo to them so they took it off the net themselves. now its not even a great photo but the fact was that i took it and afaik, my name isint on it anywhere. Im just going to have to get the article myself and have a look and from there what do you think? strongly worded letter and demand payment or what?

Pictures were only taken from the start of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Your picture was used, you have the copyrights to that picture. You're owed royalties for its usage in the paper. Doesn't matter if Jesus christ himself handed them the photo on a DVD, they should have gotten your permission first of all.

Fire off an invoice stating the image that was used (page, etc), the date of the paper, and a nice little figure. If they refuse to pay, get a letter from your solicitor / etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Your picture was used, you have the copyrights to that picture. You're owed royalties for its usage in the paper. Doesn't matter if Jesus christ himself handed them the photo on a DVD, they should have gotten your permission first of all.

Fire off an invoice stating the image that was used (page, etc), the date of the paper, and a nice little figure. If they refuse to pay, get a letter from your solicitor / etc.

ok i hear you. just a few, prob easy, but im not sure of the answers:

How much would i get for one of my photos?
    i heard on another post that someone should charge maybe 200 euro's for taking it without permission.

I have my photo's up on photobucket.com. I have not copyrighted them in anyway on this program, but the date and all the general details are up on that. Can i go and copyright them somehow from this now? or for definate are they copyrighted from the time i shot them?

If i am invoicing the paper, do I have to be a sole trader in order to be able to issue this or can i put it down to it being a hobby or how do i do it?

Thanks again for the replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

I have my photo's up on photobucket.com

That could be your problem unless the album of your images is private.

6.1 Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Photobucket Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content). After you remove your Content from the Photobucket Website we will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license to such Content will terminate. If after we have distributed your Content outside the Photobucket Website you change the Content’s privacy setting to "private," we will cease any further distribution of such "private" Content outside the Photobucket Website as soon as practicable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement