Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The king has had its days.

Options
  • 19-03-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

The thermaltake armor va8003bws was a beautiful case, everything from it huge exapandable case to its brushed steel fanny flaps... The Armor was god..

However time has took a huge toll on the poor case.

Any (even slighty) oversized ATX power supplies, such as the Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650w, are impossible to install without removing the usb ports to get it in as well as securing bar and the 90mm top fan permantly.

A dual PCI graphics card, HD4750 is another pain due to the no-screw pci slot design, making you remove the securing clips and opt for screws instead. However this is not possible as the pci cards don't fit snug into their slots.

The Huge Schyte Kama angle means that I cant see the mobo anymore and the case doesn't help to facilitate this.

However, Mike Tyson is in jail... He is still king.
    Muhammud Ali is crippled... He is still king.
    Elvis Presley is dead... He is still king.
    The Armor cannot compete with todays cases... but it will always be known as the king

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

toco without being the general thermaltake hater that I am but when was this case ever king, there are so many cases out there that outclassed that even in its prime TJ-07 for one not to mention the legions of Lian-Li cases. I'm guessing it was love at first sight for you?:)

But I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...this coming from a guy who's currently using an akasa mirage...but I'm more into performance myself:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

requiem1 wrote:
    this coming from a guy who's currently using an akasa mirage...but I'm more into performance myself

Mirage? Performance? I feel inclined to go "lololololol" here :D Then again I've got some PoS Asus Vento for under €20 - 80mm case fans FTL! :p And I must admit to having an unhealthy attraction to Akasa's Apple-clone case, regardless of practicality - there should be a law that you must use that case in all Hackintosh builds :D

Edit: 200th post :)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Mirage? Performance? I feel inclined to go "lololololol" here :D

Edit: 200th post :)

I cried a little inside :(;) Yeah the only reason I use it still is that I modded it so it looks better than before and also it has a rad cut for my 240 rad. Otherwise I've been looking into getting a Lian Li. My minds not set but I'm looking at the 7010. Thinking of modding it a bit nothing major.

Congrats on the 200 mark and I agree, I wish all builds had a touch of apple in them

Meh. I quite like the Mirage stylistically but I don't see how it can modded into a performance case any way other than the old-fashioned way - i.e. hacksaw time ;)

But when you do... well, with that WC rad in there your Mirage must be quite a beast requiem! :D

... Oh, and Gryzor just reminded me of another reason the Armor phails: classic acrylic window phail :P Those are some lovely big plain drive bays you have there sir, how about showing us more of the actual motherboard tray and Shiny Gubbins(TM) instead though??

Meh. I quite like the Mirage stylistically but I don't see how it can modded into a performance case any way other than the old-fashioned way - i.e. hacksaw time ;)

But when you do... well, with that WC rad in there your Mirage must be quite a beast requiem! :D

Well not so much anymore and the spec has gotten a slight boost with the 295 which is an amazing card to have. And the mirage got a Banksy style makeover and paintjob however the 1980's server like front still remains.
    ... Oh, and Gryzor just reminded me of another reason the Armor phails: classic acrylic window phail :P Those are some lovely big plain drive bays you have there sir, how about showing us more of the actual motherboard tray and Shiny Gubbins(TM) instead though??

+1:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got a brand new armor today for 50 euro. Not bad at all. Going to re-build my current machine into it (but swap the mAtx mobo for a 750i and add an extra 640mb GTS) in 6 weeks times after exams are over. Sick of looking at my tiny Gigabyte MZ1 Matx case. It looks so pathetic....should have never sold my Antec 900. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Im thinking of going custom on the armor to be honest!

€50 :O:O There going for €170 on ebay!! You fleeced him!! :L

€50?! :eek:

I'd stare at some drive bays for that no problem! :D

Advertisement