Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early signs

Options
  • 19-03-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anybody know how early you can feel something, I know it is different for everyone, but is it possible to feel something less then a week after starting to try this month! I have been trying for a few months and never felt anything different at all, but this time ive been feeling funny. I know I want to be feeling something, but was just wondering is it possible to feel anything this soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Is it a week past ovulation?

If so then it's possible, it's linked to the pregnancy hormones. To be honest I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. 7 days past ovulation isn't normally late enough to do a pregnancy test for the hormone, so your symptoms could be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flopflips

Thanks for the reply I reckon it must be something else, I just needed someone to tell me Im being silly and you cant tell that early! I will just have to hang in, wait and see! Im completely over thinking every little thing!
    Thanks for the reply, felt instantly better when I posted it, as think I just needed to ask someone!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

For me the most profound early pregnancy symptom is the feeling of sheer exhaustion for about a week after the date my period should be due - falling sound asleep at 8.30 or 9 pm, something I would never usually do.
    Unfortunately most of the early signs of pregnancy are also conditions that some women go through just before period - swollen breasts, slight cramping, moodiness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Chasing Cars

Just wondering the exact same thing. I have been pregnant before so I have an idea of what the nausea feels like but the thing is I feel nauseous already and I only ovulated last Thursday - is that possible?

The only thing I know I have been trying for nearly two years and I have only felt the symptoms twice before and both times I was pregnant (unfortunately both lost) so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Bumpy nipples - sure sign:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Chasing Cars

Just wondering the exact same thing. I have been pregnant before so I have an idea of what the nausea feels like but the thing is I feel nauseous already and I only ovulated last Thursday - is that possible?

The only thing I know I have been trying for nearly two years and I have only felt the symptoms twice before and both times I was pregnant (unfortunately both lost) so fingers crossed

I was right!!! Got a faint pink line on a test on Thursday and a strong one today - I am pregnant Yipee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The last time I was pregnant I seemed to take a dislike to my husband (before we knew), I also lost my ovulation hives very fast and my boobs got bigger...we lost our baby the last time but it is happening again, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

CathyMoran wrote: »
    The last time I was pregnant I seemed to take a dislike to my husband (before we knew), I also lost my ovulation hives very fast and my boobs got bigger...we lost our baby the last time but it is happening again, fingers crossed!

Please God Cathy! Been prayinn' for ya...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Have everything crossed for you. xx. Good luck this time.

And to flopflips. It is very hard to tell, even what was a sign for me might not be for you, the only sure fire way to tell is peeing on the stick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Fingers and toes crossed Cathy. Been hoping for good news for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Congratulations OP, and best of luck CathyMoran!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I've never been pregnant before so I don't know how to read things. However I had what looks like implantation bleeding over the weekend, and feel nauseous at the moment, though that could be the skinny capachino this morning.
    Don't want to get too excited incase it's nothing.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I've never been pregnant before so I don't know how to read things. However I had what looks like implantation bleeding over the weekend, and feel nauseous at the moment, though that could be the skinny capachino this morning.
    Don't want to get too excited incase it's nothing.

Hey barbiegirl.

If in fact implantation bleeding happened at the weekend, it's pretty possible that you could get a positive test today. I got my positive test two days after implantation.

If it's negative though, don't worry the hormone levels mightn't be high enough to show up on the test yet. The First Response ones are very good at showing up low levels of the hormone.

When is your period due?

The only hint I had that I might be pregnant was that I was wrecked and a bit dizzy. They're coming thick and fast now though! Uncomfortable lower belly, lots of weeing, enhanced sense of smell, and (ick) Thrush, which I only get if I'm on anti-biotics.

I'm not due my period for at least another 5 days. We started trying earlier than usual this month. My cycle is between 24 and 29 days. I'm on holidays down the country next week, so I'm going to try to forget and when I come back do the test. It's just I get a bit upset when I do a test, whilst if my period comes it doesn't seem to affect me so much.
    I have had tiredness but a major stress week with work so could be that.
    Anyway fingers crossed for me, and all the best to you and your babs :-)

doh, not pregnant :-( But did have great fun trying again last night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭guest2003

Hi all, not sure if im posting in the right thread/forum but i need a bit of help! Im not currently TTC as i am on the yasmin pill! However i did start my pill 2 days late this month and missed 2 pills in the 2nd week and 2 pills in the third week (i am not stupid, i hope,) but it is simply because i have recently had the coil removed for medical reasons and i am back on the pill since feb of this year!!!!! anyways back to the missed pills!!!!! i had a breakthrough bleed 8 days into my new pill pack and have been feeling sick, sore boobs and exhausted since the breakthrough bleed! i am due to finish my pill pack this fri and i was wondering what the chances are on being pregnant or are these missed pill symptoms????

cheers

Seeing as you're only recently on the pill, you missed 6 in total (if you count the late start). If you have been having unprotected sex it's quite possible that you are pregnant.

What did you do when you realised you missed a pill?

I know of more than one person who was way more religious with the taking of their pill than that and became pregnant.

I'd advise you to do a test.

Thanks kitten, im not usually this lax with anything, its just that because ive had the coil in previously for 5 years and have been in a steady relationship for 9 i am not use to taking the pill every single morning! im not due my period until wednesday week, when due you think i should test and whats the best one to buy?

Do it on your period due date. It could show up sooner but it might not and lull you into a false sense of security. ;)

The ones recommended by doctors are the ClearBlue ones but to be honest I found FirstResponse really clear. I suppose so you're not analysing whether something is or isn't a line it's best to get the one that just goes Pregnant or Not Pregnant.

Thanks Kitten! Much appreciated!!!!!! We are planning to have another soon but not this soon, maybe next year but if it does come up positive i will be secretly delighted!!!!!!!

oh aswel, i seem to have this horrible taste in my mouth? probably not related to anything but just thought id throw it out there to all you experts ;)

xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

Hi,

New to this thread but thought I might grab some of your advice. We have been ttc for 5mths now & I THINK I had what looked like implantation bleeding today (5days til my period)

This was literally just a couple of spots on the tissue....but it was definitely there. Not a flow at all but just definite spots of blood. My cycle is bang on every month - 28days you could set your watch to so it's not my period come early!! Does this sound like implantation bleeding to anyone?? Don't wana get my hopes up too early ;)

Also, I feel exactly the same, not tired, nauseous, dizzy or anything. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing :D

Yeah, it's around the right time alright.

I'm guessing either you've tested at this stage or your period has come though, sorry for the late reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

Thanks for the reply....

Well I'm not pregnant anyway. Had what I thought was implantation bleeding plus was two days late (which nevers happens) so as you can imagine I was a bit excited.....:(

.....oh well....we'll just have to give it another go ;)

Advertisement