Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maltesers

• 19-03-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else think Maltesers taste different now, and not in a nice way? I've had two bags in the last month or so, and both tasted a bit wrong, not gone off or anything, but the chocolate doesn't taste like it used to. It tastes like cheap chocolate, like you get in those pound shop Easter eggs.

Just me, or anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yep definately the chocolate is awful. I've noticed it with all Mars chocolate confectionary. Bounty, Mars, Maltesers, Snickers, etc.

Nestle chocolate confectionary ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Back 10 years or more, I would go to an importer shop and buy up the Maltesers... they were my special secret. Then Nestle started mass producing them and opening them up on the North American market... the taste took a nose dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Odd, I thought it was just me the last time I had Malteasers... but perhaps that's it... taste change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I noticed it on a big-bag Maltesers, the one's you get in the cinema, and I thought maybe it was just them, but had a regular bag then and it was the same.

They're about the only Mars confectionery that I'd eat, so I hadn't noticed any of the others, but they definitely taste gick now.

Time to get Ray D'Arcy on the case, maybe. Hell, he got the Wispa back!

Advertisement